What kind of scanner would decode this signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scan_nepal

I just did a quick study on DMR and looks like there are scanners that decide such signals. So there's some hope!

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk

gbriden

I have both Uniden BCD436 and Whistler TX-1 and they both do a good job of DMR you may want to look and see what else is on in your area there are somethings one does better than the other but in the end both will receive this signal.

scan_nepal

I was about 10 ft far when I took this photo. The radio brand was Hytera and LCD had blue color when receiving audio. It didn't sound anything like normal radio communications. Almost sounded like AM radio with no crisp breaks.

Here's the news piece from almost 4 years ago that describes about the help of Chinese government to Nepal Police.
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2013-09/02/content_16938697.htm

I wonder if this indeed was police comm. I would need a new scanner now, wouldn't I? Any recommendations on one? Thanks.

scan_nepal

Here's the picture of the radio:
436f15ae4539b2d232cb45851fbc8d10.jpg

scan_nepal

I have both Uniden BCD436 and Whistler TX-1 and they both do a good job of DMR you may want to look and see what else is on in your area there are somethings one does better than the other but in the end both will receive this signal.
I checked the prices and they'rebeyond my reach. Any cheaper ones? Thanks.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The antenna included with SDR sticks are crap. You will want to replace with a better antenna designed for the frequency range being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.