what mobile antenna are you using for the 996xt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
Thinking about mounting my 996xt in the car, but looking to see what other people are using. Not going to be drilling any holes in my new car (Chevy Cruze) so I think I'll go with a trunk lid mount.

I listen to the entire spectrum so need something wide band.

Thanks

ScanTN

I am using a Laird 150/450/800mhz tri band antenna that works exceptionally well on my BCD-996XT. I run it on a NMO Motorola style trunk lid mount which works great. Here are the details if you wan't more info...

Laird 150/450/800 Antenna:
https://www.tessco.com/products/displayProductInfo.do?sku=15243

NMO Trunk Lid Mount:
https://www.tessco.com/products/displayProductInfo.do?sku=56237

Send me a PM if you want some pictures of the antenna and mount.

Also - the pricing you see on Tessco's website is list price. I have a commercial account with them so I receive a different price then the listed. Per their TOS/TOA I probably shouldn't release that information; however I will tell you that I didn't spend a lot overall. Either request an account with them or look elsewhere should you decide to purchase these same products. As a side note: I have use many of Laird's antennas and would consider them one of the best out there.

Last edited:

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I use the same trunk lip mount with the Larsen tri-bander. You can't go wrong with it. It works well.

kma371

QRT
Ok thanks guys for the info. I'll check those out

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

caleb1301

I use a Laird Technologies Multi-Band 150/450/800-1000 Mhz antenna on a fender mount on my truck that works really well. Im pulling in signals from up to 25 or so miles away 2 and 3 towns over from home. I paid $50 for the antenna itsself, since i already had the fender mount a friend gave me

NYRHKY94

Another thumbs up for the Larsen Tri-Band. Have been using one with a trunk lip mount for years now with great success. Great mobile antenna!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.