• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

What music are you listening to?

Recently... Marvin Gaye, Spiral staircase, Al Wilson, Astrud Gilberto, Yvonne Elliman, Dionne Warwick, Archie Bell and the Drells, Bread, Chicago, The Hollies, 5th Dimension, Jim Croce, Harry Chapman, Classics IV, The Carpenters, The Temptations, Ray Charles and Al Stewart. Feeling nostalgic lately.

I love all kinds of music. Even some rap, but not all rap which I find to be absolute crap. Just the lyrics in those songs should make a respectable parent question whether their son or daughter should be listing to that crap. But when adults listen to it, really? Sometimes you have an annoying car booming crap out the windows from a speaker system that probably weighs more than the damn car its self and the driver is like 40 or over.

My mom works in a nursing home and during lunch they play music over the intercom. Of course this is older classic music like Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, etc. Now I'm 38 and if I actually make it to a nursing home, what on God's Earth are they going to play for us circa 2060? LOL I hope it's at least Smash Mouth, Dido, and maybe Adele.

Truth be told, I don't think I'll make it. I think God is going to push the reset button. The poles are already weakening, and there are super volcanoes just ripe for blast off. Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong damn decade. :D Now I gotta put up with probably an extinction level event and go straight up hunter/gather. Mankind's progress, blood, sweat and tears will be reset. And proabbly for the better...

Yep I've been known to listen to a little Spice Girls once in awhile. Look up the original video of astrud Gilberto from the early 60s when she was probably in her teens singing Girl from Ipanema for the first time with a young Stan Getz playing saxophone. I'm probably a little older than you.

Now I gotta put up with probably an extinction level event and go straight up hunter/gather. Mankind's progress, blood, sweat and tears will be reset. And probably for the better...

Just turn on the news on any given day and behold our great blue marble. It's just like that South Park episode where Earth was an alien reality TV show. And mixing in a little Rick & Morty it is probably broadcast through interdimensional cable.

Perhaps I have ass burgers...

Last edited:
Yep I've been known to listen to a little Spice Girls once in awhile. Look up the original video of astrud Gilberto from the early 60s when she was probably in her teens singing Girl from Ipanema for the first time with a young Stan Getz playing saxophone. I'm probably a little older than you.

I haven't heard this song in a long time. Doesn't look like I can find the version you're referring to.