• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

What music are you listening to?

Actually the one I was thinking of is much older. Maybe I'll try to find it later I have to run. It's in a little lunch cafe with just a small female audience and astrud Gilberto is much much younger. You can see it snowing outside. She sings it much slower and with a really flat affect.

I first heard this song in the movie Little Monsters. Then I used to listen to a radio station out of Denver called The Peak that started playing 80's music and I'd call in requesting this one damn song all the time. LOL One of the DJs there at The Peak was MTV VJ Nina Blackwood and I spoke to her a few times which was pretty cool. Now she does stuff on SiriusXM 80's. But it's been a few years since I listened to SiriusXM radio so I don't know if she's still there or not.

Last edited:
This was another song I used to request all the time. One day I'd like to go to Australia to the Northern Territory and set up camp, look up at the stars and play this song.

The universe is absolutely massive and we are but a group of fragile litttle lifeforms among its absolute chaos.

I looked up Kate Saint John's website one day and found that she had some music there which was pretty interesting. Life In a Northern Town reminds me of Winter in Colorado. For me, it's nice in the beginning, but gets mighty old pretty quick. I'm glad it's Spring. LOL Bring on Summer so I can go in the pool, smoke cigars and drink Jack & Cokes. I can just smell the neighborhood BBQs now. :D