• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

What scanner is best for Maricopa County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewdochris

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I gotta question (see title). I'm wondering what scanner will allow me to hear Maricopa County and Luke AFB. I'm likin the Pro - 96, but wondering if I'll have to get something digital to hear them. Just a liitle confused and I guess my newbness is showing. Right now I'm using an RS Pro - 2045. THis thing has been a great scanner, but I wanna reitre it and upgrade. Any input, negative or positive is appreciated as I am lost.

TIA,
Lewdochris

ctrl

You will need a digital p25 capable scanner. The uniden 396,996 will work, or the pro-96. But I dont own a pro-96 so I dont know if it will trunk track 400mhz for luke afb.

Maybe someone else will chime in here...

SCPD

Yup, as long as you have Win96, the Pro-96 will track the 400Mhz. I have not gotten my 396 to track the 400mhz, as it doesent seem to work with those CC channels. If anybody with a 396 can say if they got Luke AFB working for them (ctrl?), than I would strongy recomend the 396 over the Pro-96 (I'm not a fan of Radio Shack).

-Dylan

ctrl

Duditz511 said:
Yup, as long as you have Win96, the Pro-96 will track the 400Mhz. I have not gotten my 396 to track the 400mhz, as it doesent seem to work with those CC channels. If anybody with a 396 can say if they got Luke AFB working for them (ctrl?), than I would strongy recomend the 396 over the Pro-96 (I'm not a fan of Radio Shack).

-Dylan

Yup, I listen to luke afb once in a while.

Toss in:

Set the Band Plan1:
Base Freq: 406.0000
Step: 25.0 khz
Offset: 380

I too would recommend the uniden digital scanners..

SCPD

Oh okay, weird, I dunno why I could'nt get my CC's in. Probably set it up as a different system or something. thx.

-Dylan

Status
Not open for further replies.