What Shall I Listen To While At Sea & What Android Apps To Supplement?

JASII

Memory Capacity
While at sea, I know there is the Marine VHF Band and UHF 457.xxxx Mhz frequencies.

What other frequencies are there to listen to and what smartphone apps to supplement?

I suppose I can add 121.5 and 243 MHz AM. Are EPIRBs exactly 406MHz? It looks like there is no voice traffic on EPIRBs.

Are any of the Android apps carrying what is sent on TELEX 518 khz?

nd5y

Are EPIRBs exactly 406MHz? It looks like there is no voice traffic on EPIRBs.
No. There are several frequencies between 406.0-406.1 depending on when the EPIRB was built.
There is no voice traffic. Only short data bursts that are about 50 kHz bandwidth that you probably can't receive on a scanner.

Search the forums for COSPAS-SARSAT I posted links to their technical documentation several times in the past. It has a frequency table and modulation and data protocol.

ecps92

While at sea, I know there is the Marine VHF Band and UHF 457.xxxx Mhz frequencies.

What other frequencies are there to listen to and what smartphone apps to supplement?

I suppose I can add 121.5 and 243 MHz AM. Are EPIRBs exactly 406MHz? It looks like there is no voice traffic on EPIRBs.

Are any of the Android apps carrying what is sent on TELEX 518 khz?
Marinetraffic would let you see who is near/around your location for other vessels.