• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

what to do when the drill is in the other room..

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
"He didn't realize that she was outside," Henry County Sheriff's Department Maj. Robert Hills said. "Had no clue that she was out there."

Neighbor Mark Lassince called the incident a tragic accident.

"Bad things happen to good people," he said.

Should read:

He was too dumb to think he might shoot a neighbor, let alone his wife! Had no clue that she was out there, or anyone else for that matter, and didn't care either. In other words totally clueless! :roll:

Bad things happened to frickin idiots! :twisted:

MaxMan1986

I read about this yesterday. I have nothing against guns, but this is another fine example of people who don't know where and when to use them! Unfortunately, I've read more than a few news stories in which someone tried to use a gun for a home repair project and ended up injuring or killing themselves or others.

mastr

zz0468 said:
Hmmm... maybe they're not so nutty after all.
Any one who thinks "the gun" was somehow responsible for this man's stupidity will qualify as a nut, IMHO.

MaxMan1986

zz0468 said:
Hmmm... maybe they're not so nutty after all.
I was thinking the same thing.

mastr said:
Any one who thinks "the gun" was somehow responsible for this man's stupidity will qualify as a nut, IMHO.
As I said in my previous post, I have no problem with guns. I do have a problem with people who use them in the wrong place at the wrong time.

mastr

"Guns have their uses. Idiots with guns make me nervous"- from Death Wish V.

zz0468

mastr said:
I agree with you. I sure hope you don't think I implied that I thought the gun was in any way responsible. I said no such thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.