What to do yourself?

Yikes, 78 amps for an RV? That thing must have been working hard if it was charing house batteries too.
And to think the factory alternator was a 60 amp unit. Yes the house batteries and the Generator start battery were also charged off of it besides all of the lighing, front and rear heater blowers and the other 12 volt accessories. I would hate to think how hard the 30 or 40 amp alternator had to do in the 1963 Travcos. Same motorhome just older..

And to think the factory alternator was a 60 amp unit. Yes the house batteries and the Generator start battery were also charged off of it besides all of the lighing, front and rear heater blowers and the other 12 volt accessories. I would hate to think how hard the 30 or 40 amp alternator had to do in the 1963 Travcos. Same motorhome just older..
I think my pickup has a 210 amp alternator. It'll charge the trailer house batteries pretty quickly. That and 200 watts of solar panels.

I think my pickup has a 210 amp alternator. It'll charge the trailer house batteries pretty quickly. That and 200 watts of solar panels.
Solar is in the future. EFI for the 440 is sitting on a shelf in the garage. I figure the 120 amp should work well enough. If I wanted to spend $500 the make a 325 amp unit. I dont think a single vbelt would be up to that though.

Attachments

No time to get the alternator this weekend. Had to make a floppy and try reprogramming a radio. New fangled usb floppy drive let me down and would not work. Old programming computers video card died and 2 old monitors in the garage have failed. time to scrap them. Pulled old HP windows 95 computer of the shelf and hooked up to my monitor in the shack. Fired up and works. Fired up old dell c series laptop in its dock and was able to copy the software form the old dying floppy to a brand new one. Popped it in the HP and tried the old stuff out. last time I used the rib and other items was in 2011. I have not had a need to change anything until now. The old mobile radio is programmed and ready to roll.