What type of digital scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mski

Premium Subscriber
Hi Im a newbie to the site. I currently have a RS Pro-95 and a Uniden BCT15.
I'm having trouble programming a the BCT15. No matter what I think I do right it doesnt seem to receive as well as my Pro 95. They are hooked up to an external antenna.
So Im thinking of selling the scanners and getting a digital in hopes it will be more user friendly.

What would be a good starter digital scanner thats not going to break the bank and is pretty much idiot proof as far as programming?
I have been looking at the Uniden BCT396XT.

cherubim

Premium Subscriber
Hi Im a newbie to the site. I currently have a RS Pro-95 and a Uniden BCT15.
I'm having trouble programming a the BCT15. No matter what I think I do right it doesnt seem to receive as well as my Pro 95. They are hooked up to an external antenna.
So Im thinking of selling the scanners and getting a digital in hopes it will be more user friendly.

What would be a good starter digital scanner thats not going to break the bank and is pretty much idiot proof as far as programming?
I have been looking at the Uniden BCT396XT.

The Uniden HomePatrol (HP-1) might be more to your liking.

mski

Premium Subscriber
Thats what I was thinking after doing some research.
I guess just put in my zip code and it does the rest. They are about $100 or more than I want to spend thats why I was leaning towards the 396XT.

brennank

Thats what I was thinking after doing some research.
I guess just put in my zip code and it does the rest. They are about $100 or more than I want to spend thats why I was leaning towards the 396XT.

The thing with the 396XT is that it is very similar to the BCT15x. So if you are having trouble programming that you will have trouble programming the 396XT as well. Are you using any software to program your radios? I use freescan for my BCT15x and find it very intuitive.

Last edited:

mski

Premium Subscriber
brennank, thanks again for telling me about freescan. Upgraded my membership here, got on freescan and download freq's successfully!
Now instead of spending money on a digital I'll give this BCT15 a go for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.