Whatcom County Fire Scanning updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeroorda

Well all, narrowbanding went live in whatcom county this past September and the kinks are mostly worked out. Here's a few updates:

1) All fire frequencies have a "V" in front of them now, i.e. VFire 5. There is talk of a UHF system someday, hence the V.
2) VFire 1, 2 and 3 hold the same frequencies as their former names. VFire 3 is no longer in use.
3) Bellingham Fire now uses VFire 6 (154.8425) as their response/talk channel. They are no longer suffering the coverage issues they used to have.
4) VFire 4 (155.295) is now a repeated frequency and is set to become a response channel. The old fire 4 is now Tac12.
5) VFire 7 (153.875) remains unused.

If anyone is a database admin, the Bellingham Fire listing for MDTs needs to be removed. They're using Verizon Mifi cards for CAD access, not the 800mhz channel.

Unit numbers will probably change this year with medic units moving around and what not. The EMS contract between the county and city expires at the end of this year. The debate continues.....

szron

While on the topic of Whatcom Fire...
Does anybody know how all Whatcom Medic units communicate to hospitals?

Do they use some channel that doesn't pop up on the database or do they just use their cellphones?

cabletech

zron Very dumb question, I know, BUT if you are in Bellingham, why are you concerened about medic to hospital comms in Whatcom county?

szron

Last time I checked Bellingham was in Whatcom County and all Whatcom County Fire/EMS operations were on those channels mentioned in the thread.

I'm just wondering where are the hospital comms in my area.

SCPD

QRT
zron Very dumb question, I know, BUT if you are in Bellingham, why are you concerened about medic to hospital comms in Whatcom county?[/QUOTE

Very helpful reply...

Even if you weren't in Whatcom County, which if you reside in Bellingham you are. Per RadioReference Police; ie the post above you should ONLY be monitoring comms within the city or asking questions about monitoring comms within the city. *rolls eyes*

Anyways... I've not heard Whatcom County make much use of the VHF medcom channels. They may use the UHF ones though, (it appears they are licensed to use the UHF MED channels).... a lot of communities in WA just use cell phones to call in patient reports. Such as where I used to live: Kitsap County, however in King County they use the Seattle TRS. I would try searching UHF med channels.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
While on the topic of Whatcom Fire...
Does anybody know how all Whatcom Medic units communicate to hospitals?

Do they use some channel that doesn't pop up on the database or do they just use their cellphones?
Look here.
Public Safety Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Whatcom use's the above with a PL code of 156.7 for Medcom look for them on 2,4 and 6. you might also find them on1,3,5,7,8,9 and 10 but they are reported as not active at this time.

Last edited:

szron

Even if you weren't in Whatcom County, which if you reside in Bellingham you are. Per RadioReference Police; ie the post above you should ONLY be monitoring comms within the city or asking questions about monitoring comms within the city. *rolls eyes*
I still don't understand.

I thought not listening MED and TAC channels only applies to internet broadcasts.
Whatever you pick up with a scanner is fair game.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
I still don't understand.

I thought not listening MED and TAC channels only applies to internet broadcasts.
Whatever you pick up with a scanner is fair game.
I don't understand his post ether, I would not waste my time thinking about it.

szron

Heavy work on XBAND today.

"JJ" is working hard on testing this repeater. Not sure if that means that there will be any further changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.