Whatever happened to quality control???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
It has been a few years since I purchased a new scanner. In the past 3 weeks I have bought 2 different scanners, 1 Uniden BCD436HP and a Whistler TRX-1. I have always been a Uniden fan because of their quality. But the 436 I had to return to Amazon because the display decided after 2 weeks that it didn't want to work and then today I received a TRX-1 and half the buttons do not work. So I'm just wondering what has happened to the QC with companies today. It's really frustrating having to keep returning items because the manufacturer isn't producing quality products. Surely I can't be the only one who has noticed this.

Rant over...lol

Uniden quality? That's a good one!

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
I remember Quality going in before the Name goes out! Does anyone remember that phrase? ...Oops telling my age lol. :)73, n9zas

It was Zenith of course. My dad owned an appliance store and sold them. He would never, ever have bought one himself, they were garbage, at least they were by the late '60's.

kmi8dy

my pop too had a very large tv and appliance store, and a tavern, both pop and mom always bought sears ( kenmore ) they swore by them and would buy nothing else. washer and dryer, fridg, range, and a large chest freezer for the house the chest freezer they bought in 1956, mom died in 1979 and dad died in 1986 and the chest freezer was still freezing away without ever having a service call. the washer and dryer were over 10 years old and still going strong.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
my pop too had a very large tv and appliance store, and a tavern, both pop and mom always bought sears ( kenmore ) they swore by them and would buy nothing else. washer and dryer, fridg, range, and a large chest freezer for the house the chest freezer they bought in 1956, mom died in 1979 and dad died in 1986 and the chest freezer was still freezing away without ever having a service call. the washer and dryer were over 10 years old and still going strong.
Yep, gotta love quality from yesteryear! I still have a working Admiral frig/ kegerator out in the garage and a Halicrafter S-108 receiver in here. Freakin Tanks! ... :) 73, n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.