• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Whats Burning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody got a line on what is burning North of the Salt Lake International Airport?

Last year I know they were burning off some of the wetland areas... Might be the same thing again...

Only thing showing up on the fire detection satellite is over in SW Wyoming and I believe it occured yesterday afternoon.

gldavis said:
The last several weeks they (DNR) has been having controlled burns on Antelope Island. Maybe that was what you saw.
I am sure that is what it is. That is about the right positioning.

Have you copied any comms on TG: 18080?

bneilson said:
I am sure that is what it is. That is about the right positioning.

Have you copied any comms on TG: 18080?
I sat in a parking lot in Ogden for a few hours yesterday and caught traffic on this TG about going into town to get a gas cap and then returning back to check the hot spots.

It's also the time of the year that the very rich and influential duck clubs start to burn off the nuisance weeds on their property. They burn out the weeds that aren't beneficial to the habitat of the ducks migration and well being. (prior to being shot!) They are given pretty liberal power to burn because of the noxious weed ordinances in the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.