What's everyone running for AV and firewall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JokeInsurance

MSE, Malwarebytes, and Threatfire is what i run. And cant forget Noscript - I consider that just as important as an AV. Last but not least, some common internet/computer sense :D My computer still runs like new.

And what is Noscript?

Last edited:

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
KD0OTK said:
I'm running no AV and no firewall.
Wow NO FIREWALL??

I agree these things can bog down your computer but NOT HAVING A FIREWALL IN TODAYS EVIL WORLD IS NOT A GOOD IDEA BUDDY!

I've been running MSE for an AV program and MalwareBytes to double check it for several years without any problems. I've used BitDefender, Avira, AVG, and Norton in the past but have had good luck with this combo.

I've enabled the Windows firewall to work under the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security option that gives you more options to make rules governing incoming and outgoing signals, ports and programs. You can google to see how to enable it, it's worth doing IMO.

Sphinx Software makes a nice Windows firewall frontend for it that gives you more info into what's going on in real time too.

Astrak

Wow NO FIREWALL??

I agree these things can bog down your computer but NOT HAVING A FIREWALL IN TODAYS EVIL WORLD IS NOT A GOOD IDEA BUDDY!

Unless the computer he's talking about has never and will never be connected to the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.