whats up with HighWay Patrol freq in Cedar Rapids ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferd1605

For the last month i have been hearing the system keying up with noise & squelch tail alot . it is on 155.655 out of Cedar Rapids . being a daily state wide traveler i have heard the same thing from other sites in the state .. is this some kind of digital link that is on line ? also hear normal fm voice traffic mixed in .. anyone have a clue what this is ?

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
I havent heard what you are talking about tho, at least not on Area 1 DPS frequencies...

Last edited:

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
why is this in the RACOM thread? I havent heard what you are talking about tho, at least not on Area 1 DPS frequencies...

Moved...

In the last few weeks we saw alot of ducting in our area... I was hearing VHF signals from out of state.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I have heard it. Its so annoying and happens so much I lock the channel out. I'm not sure what is causing it, but when the distance signal is bringing the repeater up, its not voice.

Tim

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
I've been noticing it a lot also. I've almost got to the point of locking out the CR dispatch freq from my feed. I haven't heard it in a few days though, but I've not been near the scanner as much as before.

Status
Not open for further replies.