• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

What's up with Lincoln County System?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, what's going on with the county system, it's Saturday, I'm in Otis and traffic is dead except for OSP, and Lincoln PD, there is nothing on my scanner or the streams. Is there some kind of system failure/transition going on? Does anyone know what's up?

I don't get it, has there been any VHF frequency changes? I don't get anything but Tilamook PD in addition to OSP, but nothing else, very weird.

In Lincoln county no frequency changes have happend. Toledo,Lincoln City and Lincoln So/Newport PD all are on same frequencies. If you have scanner or radio not reprogrammed in last year or two with new RX PLs that could be the issue.

Hmm, well I was getting them about a month ago or less so I don't think it's the programming, I wonder if the repeater might be having problems or the signal got weaker here in Otis. At any rate tomorrow I will be in Lincoln City and will see if I still have problems, thanks for trying to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.