• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Where are the higher telescopic masts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj5

I am looking to go taller with my portable mast. Currently I own a great mast from here, and being 21 feet (6.4 meters) high, I am looking to grab an additional 10 to 20 feet (3 to 6.1 meters). I am not having much luck finding anyone that sells taller telescopic aluminum masts, and it seems there is nothing between this size and going all out with a larger tower, of which I have no room for. Ideally I would like to have at least 30 feet (9.1 meters). Does anyone know of a retailer or distributor that supplies such a mast? The requirements are the aforementioned height, lightweight, telescopic, and not necessarily portable, but somewhat manageable to stow away when not in use.

cj5

Thanks, guys. The Rohns are the most promising, yet they don't sell or supply a free standing tripod. Do they? The only options I saw were a base plate, or an roof tripod.

You can usually find fiberglass, mil-spec sectional mast a few places on eBay. I guess theoretically you could build one of those as high as you dare. Just keep throwing in guy rings (and of course wires/ropes) til your heart's content. LOL

What part of CA? Ham Radio Outlet sells the Rohn pushup mast! But not so sure about a ground mounted tripod. Usually its a ground plate, with a stub sticking up, you place the end of the mast over, pass a bolt thru it and off you go! That plate has a spike on the bottom that digs into the ground. If properly guyed, no problema. Or attached to the eave of the house, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.