Where did CPD go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanthewaves

Just got a BCD 396xt programmed it with free scan but so far only TGID on 700 apco 25 group
I'm getting is APD, not hearing CPD on the RR stream either, did they reband or am I missing something like they decided to go to phase 2 TDMA that would really be bad since I got the 396xt so I could monitor, if someone knows the answer please post it
Thanks
Ken

scanthewaves

Today I noticed that the control channel is silent, will have to check further, right now receiving Albany PD Disp. TGID 22031 as R.R. database says, but not getting anything else, has the control channel changed?
Thanks

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Corvallis PD is still mainly dispatched on the Benton County Sheriff VHF freq. CPD only uses the trunked system during peak hours when their is another dispatcher on in the Benton County 911 Center. So sometimes you will hear BCSO and Philomath on VHF and Corvallis on the 700MHz; most of the time all 3 will be on VHF. This is because not all of the sites are up and running in Benton County which is keeping BCSO from using the system.

scanthewaves

Well that explains it, I thought it was a done deal after the article in the Gazette, they were digital only and the "alternative" dispatch would be a back up. Well at least I can monitor APD Dispatch. So just to confirm CPD is dispatching on Sheriff's A.K.A. "Benton Law" on 155.4900?
Thanks

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Yes, CPD uses 155.4900. Also, don't forget to program in the Inter-Op and Communications Maintenance talkgroups for the 700 MHz...they are system wide. I've heard one of the radio tech TGs on the 700MHz and during UO Football games at Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Lane County Sheriff and Eugene Police gameday law dispatch is done on inter-op 2...because its a system-wide TG, it comes across the 700MHz.

scanthewaves

Now I know for sure I'm listening to CPD, now all I have to do is tell the difference between the Units IDs of the S.O. and the P.D., So all this time I could have been monitoring on my analog scanner and the stream has been rebroadcasting a analog broadcast and I didn't even realize it. What's weird is I programmed the 700mhz into the Pro 96 around the same day as a big Ducks game I thought I was listening to CPD and they said what the score was and I realized there was no Beavers game, so I asked myself why would they be asking what about a Ducks game then it me I was hearing Eugene units on the simulcast, of course I couldn't follow the conversation since the Pro 96 can't trunk 700 mhz. Funny you should mention it, I was just going to ask about the other talkgroups since so far all I got is APD, I'm a former Pro owner and with that one you would just store the IDs in an open bank and close the bank if you only wanted to listen to particular IDs, but so far I haven't figured out how to do that on the 396XT, I'm wondering if I have something toggled to only get the APD ID and nothing else? I'm going over Marks page on Scannermaster for BCD396XT easier manual, I can't seem to find anywhere in the Freescan program where you can indicate what IDs you want, can you point me in the right direction?
Thank

Last edited:

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
400 - Benton County Sheriff
800 - Corvallis PD
1100 - Philomath PD

The Uniden XT radios handle trunked systems by either "ID Scan" mode or "ID Search" mode. You will see either "ID Scan" or "ID search" when the radio is scanning the trunked system if it is not stopped on a talkgroup. ID Scan means that the radio will only scan the talkgroups you have programmed in and nothing else. ID Search mode means that the radio will scan every talkgroup that is active on the system for the particular site you are listening to even if its not programmed into your radio.

In FreeSCAN:
Click on the trunked system name and in the middle of the screen it says "ID Mode." Set it to "ID Scan" to scan only the TGs that are in the radio or set it to "ID Search" to hear everything.

Last edited:

scanthewaves

Thank you for the clear and concise explanation, I figured out how to check if it was on Scan or Search just through the scroll menu alone and it was on Search I don't understand why APD is all I'm getting. It's certainly is different from how the Radio Shack radios are set up, one last thing I was wondering if fleetmaps need to be programmed for this 700mhz system and does it need to be Dec or Hex format? Sorry one more is Band Plan 0 or 1? It seems that the default band for uploading from Freescan is Narrow FM, am I wrong in this assumption and should it be changed to FM instead for most FM systems?
Thanks again

Last edited:

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
So long as the system is in the radio as P25 Standard you don't need to change anything else.

scanthewaves

Ok will keep that in mind, any reason why all I'm getting at this time is APD? Is that all there is at this time, just want to verify. Also do encrypted channels and groups get skipped when searchning IDs?
Thanks

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
22031 Albany Police 1
22033 Albany Police 2
22035 Albany Police 3
22035 Albany Police 4 (Fully encrypted. The 396XT completely skips over encrypted channels both in scan and search mode even if the TG is not programmed into the radio)

2001 Benton County Law Dispatch (intermittently used by CPD)
2005 Benton County Law Tactical (intermittently used by Benton County detectives)

These talkgroups have shown up occasionally, but they aren't used enough to determine exactly what they are:
2003 Possible Benton County Law Enforcement
2007 Possible Benton County Law Enforcement
2031 Possible Benton County Law Enforcement
2071 Possible Benton County Law Enforcement

22001 Possible Linn County Sheriff - summer countywide testing
22003 Possible Linn County Sheriff - summer countywide testing
22005 Possible Linn County Sheriff - summer countywide testing
22007 Possible Linn County Sheriff - summer countywide testing
22701 Possible Linn County Sheriff - summer law dispatch at one of the country music festivals by LCSO

At this time Albany Police is the only agency in Linn and Benton Counties that uses the 700MHz full time. Until other agencies switch over to the 700MHz, APD will be pretty much the only traffic on the system.

Also it appears as if talkgroups are issued in blocks of 4 with the first TG ending in "1" the second in "3" the third in "5" and the fourth in "7"

Last edited:

scanthewaves

That's very helpful, I had a feeling that might be the case, and I"m glad it skips the encrypted channels, from what I have heard in the past it's just nonsense and is pretty annoying. At least it's not as encrypted as the Lane County system, let's hope it stays that way for a while at least.
Thanks

scanthewaves

One other question is there a car to car channel? Do they just do that on the dispatch channel as I have heard once or twice

Status
Not open for further replies.