• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Where to buy AM Broadcast filter/trap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beamin

Premium Subscriber
I have an SDRPlay and we have this religious AM station here in DC/MD on 1120kHz and it blocks out alost every signal below 30 MHz. There is also this religious station out of SC where the guy sounds like a troll and just spews right wing propaganda, very annoying to listen to.

I found two sites that sell traps but when you call they are out of business; clifton labs and some ham radio guy.

I have tried everything else but the better the antenna the worse this gets. Even overloads my portable radios. I would make one but cant find the inductors/ dont have the equipment to make one.

beamin

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! Everything I have tried seems to just make these two stations worse. Its like they come in on top of another signal but only if there is a signal present first. Does anyone know the technical reason of why this is? The better the antenna is the stronger these signals get, it's almost more usable with a crappy antenna and no balun or unun (I think its a nine to one or eleven to one torroid) .

Status
Not open for further replies.