Where to buy radio shack programming cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a Pro-96. It's my first radio shack unit, and good chance it'll be my last.

Who came up with the user interface? I can program any uniden scanner without having to spend days reading the manual, but this thing is nutz...

I managed to get the mowat tower working and I admit the unit does sound nice, but so far it's not worth the amount of hair I lost.

Anyway, I purchased the WIN96 software and got a programming cable online, but it does not work (apperantly the cable I got is useless on newer models even though I was told it would work)

In short, I'm looking to buy the USB cable part 20-047. I found it on scannermaster, but they rape you for shipping so I'm hoping to find one locally.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Hi Lightsandsirens,
I have one cable with the RS232 connector if you like. You can purchase a RS232 to USB adaptor.
Let me know and we will work it out.
Take care

tonsoffun said:
Hi Lightsandsirens,
I have one cable with the RS232 connector if you like. You can purchase a RS232 to USB adaptor.
Let me know and we will work it out.
Take care

Thank you so much the cable works perfect. I just can't get Fleetnet to work even after following the guide on the top here, I need to play around with the base settings I guess. The unit works perfect for everything else...

Status
Not open for further replies.