Where to find a Regency MX5000 power cord?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC1

This is a very unusual connector, so before you suggest a universal adapter you can save the typing time, because there is none.

I have tried auction sites, and web searches, with no desirable results.

Any thoughts as to where I can find one before I have to re-wire the unit with a new power jack?

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
You might also look for AOR-2002 parts as well as I think they are the same unit. I will check my junk box as I used to have a few 5000s but I doubt I have the wall wart anymore.

byndhlptom

MX5000 power connector

A couple of possibilities

1- These were made by AOR. I believe that the 2002, 2515, 3000, 3000A and some others used the same connector.

2- Some of the early Hayes modems used the same connector (think 1200-2400 baud). I have cut the pigtail off (xformer was AC output) and used them.....

3- It is pretty easy to unbolt the power connector on the radio and just install a standard coaxial conn on a small piece of aluminum and bolt it in the hole.

I have done all three over the years, good luck

$.02

mule1075

Feed Provider
This is a very unusual connector, so before you suggest a universal adapter you can save the typing time, because there is none.

I have tried auction sites, and web searches, with no desirable results.

Any thoughts as to where I can find one before I have to re-wire the unit with a new power jack?
I seem to remember g&g communications having them in stock. Shoot them an email and check.

http://www.gcomradio.com/scanner.html

mule1075

Feed Provider
A couple of possibilities

1- These were made by AOR. I believe that the 2002, 2515, 3000, 3000A and some others used the same connector.

2- Some of the early Hayes modems used the same connector (think 1200-2400 baud). I have cut the pigtail off (xformer was AC output) and used them.....

3- It is pretty easy to unbolt the power connector on the radio and just install a standard coaxial conn on a small piece of aluminum and bolt it in the hole.

I have done all three over the years, good luck

$.02
2002 and 2515 for sure had the same connector.

NC1

Thanks for all the replies, I have to do some research in those directions.

For those who don't know what it looks like, I have included a pic.

Attachments

• MX5000.jpg
    MX5000.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 209

K2RNI

You can just make your own easily. I've done that with laptops before. Clipped the correct polarity wires to the proper prongs and just shimmed some pieces of electrical tape and plastic between them to keep them isolated from each other so they don't short.

Status
Not open for further replies.