Which 800 MHz portable antenna??

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardnNC

Premium Subscriber
Should I go for the Radio Shack model or the ScannerMaster one?
Are they the same thing?

Thanks,
EdwardnNC

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Scannermaster carries five different 800 MHz antennas and none of them are the same as the Radio Shack antenna.

I have used the RS antenna for years and there is nothing better, however size is an issue for me so when carrying I use the Comet CH-32 which is only 1.75 inches long and has performed very well for me. It also comes in an SMA version but I use a mobile antenna too so I like the ease of the BNC connector. ( Results May Vary )

Last edited:

JTR604

800 MHZ Antenna

HOME-PATROL-SCANNER-ANTENNA-UPGRADE-800-900-MHZ from Noxgi for $19.88 and it works great in the low bands also.

frazpo

OHIOSCAN

Antenna

Should I go for the Radio Shack model or the ScannerMaster one?
Are they the same thing?

I have 15 different antennas for my GRE500\600 and I always go back to my Watson 889. The RS800 is a very good 800 antenna so going with that is not a bad choice. I use both but prefer the 889, it equals the RS800 antenna and out performs it on VHF\UHF. The tricky thing about antenna reviews is every system and location is different so what works for me might not work for you. The 889 swivels so you can lay your radio down and adjust the antenna to your target.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.