Which Of The Big Three Japanese Amateur Radio Manufacturers Will Start Adding DMR First?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
And you end up with a Frankenstein Motorola that has been backyard depot built that can not be repaired when you could have bought a legit Motorola with warranty that can be repaired. The locals here want over $500 for a XPR6550 oh and by the way it needs a battery.

Uh. No. Legit radio and a trusted member of the LMR community. I know the background of this radio.

This is an XPR-7550, not some parts built haxtered, tagless APX with a whore flash that you find on fleabay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I think I paid $300 for my XPR7550 about 4 years ago. Case was engraved and a little banged up but nothing a recase couldn't fix.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
That is the options for me with the 2 gougers that sell local. That is why I do not have a XPR. Locals selling farmers used radios for top dollars so ebay would be my only option that I am not willing to take a chance on.

AI7PM

Premium Subscriber
Probably because hams are cheap, and they only want to buy one radio.

Amen. I listened to one griping about the cost of His, but had $1,000 dollar phone in an $80 case clipped on his belt, and probably pays $100 plus monthly for service. $100 is too much for an HT. Nucking futs.

My XPR ws not $1,000, and the Kenwood 5000 I just bought wasn't either.

Last edited:

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
That is why I have a nx5200 and a nx5300 I got them at cost and options at cost and no I do not resale.

I would LOVE to have a pair of NX5xxx portables and a NX-5xxx dual deck mobile. Unfortunately the software licenses are almost unobtanium here in Canada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RFI-EMI-GUY

I am so tired of listening to P25 and folks calling me with crappy cellphone audio that having to listen to yet another Codec on a hobby radio does not appeal to me.

Analog "wideband" FM is the future folks.

I dusted off some 12KBps CVSD Securenet and it is 10 times better sounding than IMBE.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.