which tower site is closest to Pekin,Il.

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerzr2

On my HP2, I've got the scanner to hear what I want, but I've been told it will scan faster if
I only load the tower(site) closest to me (Pekin,IL.) I'm not sure which one that is. Also, once I find the closest one, how
do I go about deleting the ones I don't need? I'm afraid I'll delete something I need and everything will be screwed up. Thanks!
I use the Sentinel software.

Last edited:

jcook11

Feed Provider

acerzr2

I am wondering about the Starcom 2-49 system. I just want to know how to determine
which tower is closest to me (Pekin,Il.) and how to delete the other towers from Sentinel
so as to not scan the ones farther away to help speed up scanning. Thanks!

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
This is a map of the STARCOM21 P25 tower sites... https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=siteMap&sid=2324&type=rr It may not be perfect, but its a good starting point. Note that for simulcast sites, the map only shows one site instead of all of the silmucast sites. To see all sites in simulcast, click on the site details and then click the FCC callsign(s). The map(s) on those pages should show you all of the sites within the simulcast.

acerzr2

Icomic R20, yes I have seen those site maps, but still don't understand how to program only the closest site tower into Sentinel.
Johnny gent, yes I think Sentinel is the same for your scanner and mine. Can you help me? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.