While seen in the nursery... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

b52hbuff

My wife recently gave birth to twins. Ever the hobbyist, I couldn't resist looking up the FCC ID for the 'baby lo-jack' they put on my childrens' legs. The FCC ID is 'HE7PT2'.

The basic theory is they put a little box on their leg. The tag triggers an alarm if you try to take your children beyond a 'control point'. Once you set off the alarm, your nurse companion will silence the alarm with a card swipe.

Here is the summary for the scannist:
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve.cgi?attachment_id=128970&native_or_pdf=pdf

Here is the 'home page' for all submitted information:
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=99526&fcc_id='HE7PT2'

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Congrats on the little ones bro :)
I am forever doing stuff like this...one restaurant near me uses the little light up coasters to let you know when your table is ready...I looked up the FCC info on those coasters :D
Gotta love the extent to which our hobby surrounds us in the world :cool:
Marshall KE4ZNR

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
Congrats on the new one. My daughter last year had one of those on her as well. Never looked up the FCC ID though. It's a sad world that we have to resort to such devices.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Congrats on the little ones. May the Good LORD grant them long and healthy lives and you and your Mrs. The widsom and love to guide them through thier lives.

hobbyhoser175

Congrats on the twins! Double the fun.
My wife works in the nursey at a local hospital and they have the baby lo-jack system. Multi million dollars when it was installed. Unsure if it's the same system used at your hospital, but the system will actually track the baby throughout the whole hospital and tell them which door they escaped from.
They also have the Vocera system which is based on a wireless network spred throughout the entire hospital. It's about the size of an iPod shuffle and lets the nurses communicate with each other my pressing the button and saying the nurses name. So there's just a ton of radio waves flying around the hospitals of today

elk2370bruce

God bless your new additions. My grandson is 17 months and the experience is awesome - even the second time around! Enjoy these years of adventure and growth for they will pass in the blink of an eye.

PS They have a tendancy to teethe on the rubber ducky!

John_M

My younger sister had twins (two female fraternals). I was at the hospital shortly after she gave birth and I don't remember seeing any lo-jack devices on their legs but I may have missed them. They will be three in Nov. Congratulations B52HBUFF.

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
hobbyhoser175 said:
Congrats on the twins! Double the fun.
My wife works in the nursey at a local hospital and they have the baby lo-jack system. Multi million dollars when it was installed. Unsure if it's the same system used at your hospital, but the system will actually track the baby throughout the whole hospital and tell them which door they escaped from.
They also have the Vocera system which is based on a wireless network spred throughout the entire hospital. It's about the size of an iPod shuffle and lets the nurses communicate with each other my pressing the button and saying the nurses name. So there's just a ton of radio waves flying around the hospitals of today

The one where my daughter was born, sets off a "silent alarm" which stops all elevators in the nursrey area and locks all the doors. It's like lockdown in prison. They warned me heavily about "not walking too close to the black line" lol.

dangitdoug

Congrats on the rugrats. Having worked in a hospital, don't trust those baby lojack systems. They are only as good as the people operating them. I won't go into the loopholes and weak points, but you get the idea.

Doug K

Bill2k

elk2370bruce said:
My grandson is 17 months and the experience is awesome - even the second time around!

Its better the second time around. When the kid dirties its diaper, you pass it off to the parents.

johnvassel

kingpin said:
The one where my daughter was born, sets off a "silent alarm" which stops all elevators in the nursrey area and locks all the doors. It's like lockdown in prison. They warned me heavily about "not walking too close to the black line" lol.

I've worked on a few of the higher end systems like this. Usually interfaced with door switches, electronically controlled door hardware and CCTV. One hospital would immediately lock all the doors in the infant unit upon triggering, the digital recorder would go back 15 seconds and record all activity at the doors, and the only way out was the stairs to the ground floor (Lifesafety requirement) where they'd be met by security.
There is a LOT of money to be made in infant protection systems..

john

als365

KE4ZNR said:
Congrats on the little ones bro :)
I am forever doing stuff like this...one restaurant near me uses the little light up coasters to let you know when your table is ready...I looked up the FCC info on those coasters :D
Gotta love the extent to which our hobby surrounds us in the world :cool:
Marshall KE4ZNR

I can just see the headlines now when someone does something like this to his house arrest ankle bracelet. I had a friend in a college physics class and they had these remote clickers to answer multiple choice questions in class. If I have time next semester, I would like to do the same thing to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.