Whistler 1040 - Programming Conventional P25 Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKaiserling

A friend of a friend was upgrading to a Phase II Digital and sold me his near-mint Whistler 1040 for 200 dollars. Thinking I would get into scanning, I bought it off of him, because I liked the idea of having a digital scanner on the cheap. I'm trying to program the (photo) attached frequencies into my scanner. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get it to work despite putting in the P25 NAC correctly. I find this rather unfortunate because most of the departments around me are switching to full digital, so I was really hoping to be able to program P25 frequencies into the scanner without them being part of a trunked system.

Attachments

• reeeeeeee.png
    reeeeeeee.png
    98.4 KB · Views: 51

N8IAA

A friend of a friend was upgrading to a Phase II Digital and sold me his near-mint Whistler 1040 for 200 dollars. Thinking I would get into scanning, I bought it off of him, because I liked the idea of having a digital scanner on the cheap. I'm trying to program the (photo) attached frequencies into my scanner. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get it to work despite putting in the P25 NAC correctly. I find this rather unfortunate because most of the departments around me are switching to full digital, so I was really hoping to be able to program P25 frequencies into the scanner without them being part of a trunked system.

You program them as conventional frequencies. Then use NAC (found under Squelch) to program those tones in.

dwh367, you are incorrect. Only the 'other' city services on on the DMR system.

HTH,
Larry

SKaiserling

You program them as conventional frequencies. Then use NAC (found under Squelch) to program those tones in.

dwh367, you are incorrect. Only the 'other' city services on on the DMR system.

HTH,
Larry

Dear Larry,

Thank you for the reply, but I have already programmed the NAC into the scanner which is confirmed when I am scanning my channel lists.504286255.png

SKaiserling

My apologies. Misread the picture.

The other commenter is correct. Pretty much just the court services and other public works not using the SWTP frequency operate on that frequency, but thank you for the reply

SKaiserling

Update: BPS Ops 1 was working this morning. I programmed the scanner with some talkgroups and now no BPS channels are working, but barrie fire dispatch does. The fire tactical channels do not work despite the settings being identical except for the alpha tag.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The other commenter is correct. Pretty much just the court services and other public works not using the SWTP frequency operate on that frequency, but thank you for the reply
SKaiserling,
Looking at your screenshot in the post above, you have the Modulation on the frequency set a AM. That should be FM. A P25 channel, with a NAC code, cannot be AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.