Whistler Importing P25 Channels Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kandrey89

Feed Provider
Hi,

I'm trying to import a San Ramon Police Dispatch channel from the California->Alameda->EBRCS->San Ramon with ALCO East, ALCO Southwest, CCCO Central sites, and I only select the Police Dispatch channel, however when I look at the scanlist tab which was empty before, now when I have imported I see 35 channels instead of just 1.
If I also access the Trunked Radio Systems tab, the Talkgroup details there also shows the same channels that I did not select for import, so why have they been added, is there some kind of option that I didn't (de)select? Is it because those talkgroups are not assigned to any Talkgroup categories? So that even if you clear all selection, you still have 34 channels ready to import? So it's a DB issue?

How can I add encrypted channels marked with X, I saw the Import Options and checked to allow import of encrypted channels, but I am still unable to select the channel for import, the X remains, do I need to do something else to import an encrypted channel or select something, or maybe I need to restart the software?

I don't understand the purpose of "Compress" under the Trunked Radio Systems' Talkgroup Details tab.

Thanks

kandrey89

Feed Provider
Here I show that the scanlist is empty before I begin:
BxYZjtn.png

Here are my steps:
TTGZUgL.png

gTEtE4l.png

vhHL76J.png

UEbFBWq.png

68CAiVw.png

KFSj5CF.png

WHY IS IMPORTING THINGS I DID NOT SELECT?
xr8zz77.png

Sometimes I am able to get it to show just the 4 that I selected in the talkgroup count:
Vuy14yj.png

But if I click on the Import Options and then click OK to close Import Options, I see that the Talkgroup Count jumps to 4+34=38
hmPcVAC.png

MichaelBhere

If you go to your Trunked Radio Systems tab, select East bay Regiona and you will see 3 sites open in the box below.

If you click on the ALCO Southwest you will see the list of 12 Site frequencies

Ff you click Talkgroup Details you will see 38 Talkgroups that are associated with your selection

These 38 Talkgroups are the same as what you are seeing in your Scanlist

If you want to delete some Talkgoups, you need to delete what you do not want.

kandrey89

Feed Provider
If you go to your Trunked Radio Systems tab, select East bay Regiona and you will see 3 sites open in the box below.

If you click on the ALCO Southwest you will see the list of 12 Site frequencies

Ff you click Talkgroup Details you will see 38 Talkgroups that are associated with your selection

These 38 Talkgroups are the same as what you are seeing in your Scanlist

If you want to delete some Talkgoups, you need to delete what you do not want.

Yeah I figured that out, the problem remains that their software imports additional (FFS it's 34 extra channels that I'd need to delete, not 1 or 2) channels, and if I have even a dozen channels of my own, good luck selecting the extra channels for deletion.

MichaelBhere

The info comes from the RRDB and if the talkgroups are tied to that system within RRDB, how is Whistler supposed to know any different other than to import it and let the user determine what is and what is not desired.

kandrey89

Feed Provider
Did you see my screenshots? Those are NOT tied to what I am selecting!
It's a program bug, like I mentioned, I was able to import just my selection of 4 channels, but if I did certain actions like open Import Options, I would get 34 additional channels I did not select. Just a mere opening of import options without changing any settings, should not give this crap.

MichaelBhere

I just tried again but did not choose to Import encrypted and unsupported talkgroup objects and end up with 4 instead of 38

MichaelBhere

I see what you are saying, it is providing encrypted and unassigned talkgroups for all of East Bay instead of just within San Ramon.

In the Import Options under Unsupported and Encrypted Talkgroup Options, you may want to check the box that says Do not assign Talkgroup object to a scanlist.

Maybe that will give you the results you want. I do not import Encrypted or Unsupported systems so I guess I have never had to deal with this issue.

Good luck

kandrey89

Feed Provider
I see what you are saying, it is providing encrypted and unassigned talkgroups for all of East Bay instead of just within San Ramon.

In the Import Options under Unsupported and Encrypted Talkgroup Options, you may want to check the box that says Do not assign Talkgroup object to a scanlist.

Maybe that will give you the results you want. I do not import Encrypted or Unsupported systems so I guess I have never had to deal with this issue.

Good luck

Thanks, will try when I get home. It's weird though, the way they implemented the whole importing interface, especially the import options. I cannot select encrypted channels for import, and so must click the checkbox, but the checkbox will import everything encrypted listed for that site. Very inconvenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.