Whistler to Launch New LSM Capable Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

milcom_chaser

For anybody asking if it will support NXDN-this and DMR-that, I think it's a pretty guaranteed bet that any NXDN / DMR decoding that is currently done on a TRX-1/TRX-2 will also be available on the TRX-100/200. Not sure why anyone would think that they would offer NXDN/DMR in the TRX-100/200 and then take a step backwards and only provide a partial list of trunked types that could be decoded. That would be downright silly, and they would be shooting themselves in the foot if they did that.

I'm moving forward with the assumption that when they say they will have NXDN/DMR support, they will have at least the same support for NXDN/DMR as they have now in the TRX-1/2.

I really didn't see this announcement coming, but I'm glad Whistler is going to be on board. A few things I like:

• They actually advertise LSM support (good for them -- they weren't scared to make the claim)
  • Bluetooth will be available
  • NXDN / DMR available at no additional charge

Sounds pretty darned good to me. Although I know that talented hardware types have mentioned in the past that a bluetooth radio in a scanner may actually be a nightmare due to potential interference. So I guess we will see.

mike

Mike

Hopefully, one can disable Bluetooth when it's not needed.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Hoooray!!!

Thanks for the exciting news, Wendy! I figured it was just a matter of time.

I love my TRX-1,but I'm running into issues with LSM as more and more agencies utilize this technology. I'm really looking forward to owning a TRX-100!

Thanks again!

AlphaFive

NXDN

For anybody asking if it will support NXDN-this and DMR-that, I think it's a pretty guaranteed bet that any NXDN / DMR decoding that is currently done on a TRX-1/TRX-2 will also be available on the TRX-100/200. Not sure why anyone would think that they would offer NXDN/DMR in the TRX-100/200 and then take a step backwards and only provide a partial list of trunked types that could be decoded. That would be downright silly, and they would be shooting themselves in the foot if they did that.

I'm moving forward with the assumption that when they say they will have NXDN/DMR support, they will have at least the same support for NXDN/DMR as they have now in the TRX-1/2.

I really didn't see this announcement coming, but I'm glad Whistler is going to be on board. A few things I like:

• They actually advertise LSM support (good for them -- they weren't scared to make the claim)
  • Bluetooth will be available
  • NXDN / DMR available at no additional charge

Sounds pretty darned good to me. Although I know that talented hardware types have mentioned in the past that a bluetooth radio in a scanner may actually be a nightmare due to potential interference. So I guess we will see.

mike

Mike

At this point I am the only one to ask any question regarding NXDN. So it would only be a logical assumption you are referring to me. I thought my question was very clear and precise, "Will the new radios trunk NXDN"? Not very complicated. I do apologize for missing the announcement that the TRX 2 supports the trunking of NXDN. Now that I know that, my question certainly rises to the level of being silly.....

fredva

Feed Provider
I think if NXDN trunking was supported, it would likely be in the announcement, since that would be an additional feature that the current Whistler scanners do not have.

AlphaFive

NXDN

I think if NXDN trunking was supported, it would likely be in the announcement, since that would be an additional feature that the current Whistler scanners do not have.

Thank you, I certainly agree. I try to never assume anything, we know what happens there. I was hoping there might be something more concrete on the subject coming up later in this forum. Thanks again, take care.

TDHG4U61

I would be happy for a completely new front design, especially over the LCD display, to prevent flexing and cracking like the GRE / TRX-1. Cant wait....

sad all that big money i spent last year on the TRX-2 i got this to replace my old Pro-197 would be nice if you get a BIG trade in on the TRX-1,2 lol

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

The TRX-1/TRX-2 have had NXDN for some time. If you are referring specifically to trunking by monitoring the control channel, that may be a different story. But lots of people are certainly monitoring trunked systems with TRXs. I have one myself.

I'm not sure if any of the older generation Whistlers support NXDN though.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.