Whistler to Launch New LSM Capable Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
At this point I am the only one to ask any question regarding NXDN. So it would only be a logical assumption you are referring to me. I thought my question was very clear and precise, "Will the new radios trunk NXDN"? Not very complicated. I do apologize for missing the announcement that the TRX 2 supports the trunking of NXDN. Now that I know that, my question certainly rises to the level of being silly.....

The TRX-1/TRX-2 support NXDN trunking. I have no reason to believe the TRX-100/200 wouldn't as well. When you asked, "Will the new radios trunk NXDN?" did you actually mean "will the new radios trunk NXDN Type-C systems by monitoring the active control channel?" If that's what you were asking, I would agree that clarification would be needed from Whistler.

If you you only ask "will the new radios trunk NXDN?", I am betting that you will get a simple "yes" answer [from Whistler] without any clarification as to whether it will do Type-C trunking specifically by monitoring the active CC.

I wasn't suggesting that you were silly for asking, but that Whistler would be silly not to at least include the same NXDN functionality in the TRX-100/200 as they have in the TRX-1/2.

Mike

fredva

Feed Provider
The TRX-1/TRX-2 have had NXDN for some time. If you are referring specifically to trunking by monitoring the control channel, that may be a different story. But lots of people are certainly monitoring trunked systems with TRXs. I have one myself.

I'm not sure if any of the older generation Whistlers support NXDN though.

Mike

I believe commenters have asked specifically for trunking capability. I'm not an expert on NXDN systems though - not really any around me that I'm aware of, so NXDN capability is not really helpful for me.

racin06

I'm sure I will purchase the TRX-100 in addition to the SDS-100. By the way, some of you people act as if every public government agency and private company in the U.S. are all going to NXDN. Really? NXDN should be renamed to YAWN.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Any average release dates known or specified?

Well let's see...

This is from the very first post in this thread...

The TRX-100 and TRX-200 will begin shipping in Q4 2018.

So I'm taking a wild guess of Q4 2018...but I could be wrong.

CorwinScansNM

Well let's see...

This is from the very first post in this thread...

The TRX-100 and TRX-200 will begin shipping in Q4 2018.

So I'm taking a wild guess of Q4 2018...but I could be wrong.

Thanks! Did not see that one & somehow missed it.

Ed6698

Glad to see a better simulcast Whistler radio. Wonder how it differs compared to the new Uniden as far as how they accomplished better LSM?

Although I am not having any problems at my house receiving 2 different P25 simulcast systems, interested to see how much better it is, been using a 1080 and 1095 for a couple years and when both systems get real busy, the more scanners the better. I know where part of my 4th quarter company bonus is going now, a new Whistler scanner.

questnz

Hopefully it will have open Band Plan for UK/AUS/NZ etc ?

Great news, already one less Uniden SDS100 will be sold, I am waiting for some more details and reviews on TRX100, Thank you Santa Wendy, assuming it will be ready by xmas 2018 ?
Now I have to be nice to the household Chief Financial Officer she may need to know the $$$ size of the damage for my xmas present.

frazpo

I'm sure I will purchase the TRX-100 in addition to the SDS-100. By the way, some of you people act as if every public government agency and private company in the U.S. are all going to NXDN. Really? NXDN should be renamed to YAWN.

Once again someone who thinks since they have no NXDN around to listen to no one else does. Geez.
In many areas they are so,,,YAWN. Why waste your time caring what others want to listen to?

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
WhistlerWendy, will I be able to pair the scanner with my ReSound hearing aids? I can stream anything on my cell phone like music and cell call to my hearing aids.

CQ

Maybe Not?

Is the TRX-200 going to use a different chassis and head as the TRX-2?

Is the TRX-200 going to have a better and larger screen with useful information?

Is it going to be horribly slow at booting like the TRX-2? And fixing just going into the Menu and having to wait minutes to continue scanning?

Am I going to have the same paging intermod problem with the TRX-200?

Is the TRX-200 going to actually trunk track all digital modes?

These are a start, but if none get addressed then it's DoA for me. Just some of the reasons I returned my TRX-2.

In development sounds rather far away and maybe slipping into next year?

- - -

You can remove the post from the other thread you locked.

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
ProVoice is a feature of EDACS systems, which are being phased out. I can understand why a scanner manufacturer would not invest in that capability at this late date - over the next few years, fewer and fewer customers would benefit. In contrast, more and more communities are installing P25 Phase 2 Simulcast systems.

MIKE = Provoice will cost extra on Uniden SDS-100 among other Paid updates for Digital modes. and Uniden has admitted, NOT all updates will be available at launch.

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
I think if NXDN trunking was supported, it would likely be in the announcement, since that would be an additional feature that the current Whistler scanners do not have.

fredva = Whistler TRX-1 and TRX -2 offer an Upgrade for NXDN. but the new scanner will receive without having to upgrade. the Uniden my be a paid upgrade but, may NOT be available at Launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.