TRX-2: Whistler TRX-2 $485 (Brand New)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trp2525

As of the time of this posting, GizmosForLife on Amazon.com has the Whistler TRX-2 desktop/mobile for $484.72 with FREE shipping included and no sales tax. They have a 98% positive rating over the past 12 months with 83,139 total ratings (so this is not one of those fly-by-night Amazon scam sellers with no ratings).

If you have a Discover Card and have signed up for the Cashback October-December 5% bonus rewards, you will also get a 5% Cashback bonus ($24.25) for your TRX-2 purchase at Amazon. In addition Discover Card will double the manufacturer's 1-year warranty to 2 years for FREE. Lastly if you find a lower price on the TRX-2 within 90 days after your purchase date, Discover Card will refund the difference to you.

Link to TRX-2 listing: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01H3XYJS0/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Last edited:

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
The Ham Station is regular price 489.95 free shipping and no tax unless you are in Indiana and you get a scanner from a dealer that has been open for over 30 years and uses what he sells.

trp2525

The Ham Station is regular price 489.95 free shipping and no tax unless you are in Indiana...

Actually the Ham Station is currently selling the Whistler TRX-2 desktop/mobile for $529.95 which is $45 more than the deal that I posted from the seller at Amazon. Here is the link to the current $529.95 price at the Ham Station: TRX-2 free shipping this model - $529.95 : The Hamstation!, Your one stop on-line source for amateur radio fun.

The $489.95 price that you referenced in your posting regarding the Ham Station is for the Whistler TRX-1 handheld, not the TRX-2. Here is the link to the TRX-1 for $489.95 at the Ham Station: TRX-1 plus FREE shipping on this model - $489.95 : The Hamstation!, Your one stop on-line source for amateur radio fun.

dmaria

As of the time of this posting, GizmosForLife on Amazon.com has the Whistler TRX-2 desktop/mobile for $484.72 with FREE shipping included and no sales tax. They have a 98% positive rating over the past 12 months with 83,139 total ratings (so this is not one of those fly-by-night Amazon scam sellers with no ratings).

If you have a Discover Card and have signed up for the Cashback October-December 5% bonus rewards, you will also get a 5% Cashback bonus ($24.25) for your TRX-2 purchase at Amazon. In addition Discover Card will double the manufacturer's 1-year warranty to 2 years for FREE. Lastly if you find a lower price on the TRX-2 within 90 days after your purchase date, Discover Card will refund the difference to you.

Link to TRX-2 listing: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01H3XYJS0/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I just ordered the TRX-2 from them yesterday, but the price was $490.65. Why didn't you tell me the price was going to drop? :)

trp2525

I just ordered the TRX-2 from them yesterday, but the price was $490.65. Why didn't you tell me the price was going to drop? :)

Actually you may still be in luck. Depending on the credit card (assuming you used one) that you used for your purchase, you might be able to get a refund for the price difference from your card issuer. Many of the MasterCards offer this feature (typically for 60 days after your purchase date) as well as Discover Card (for 90 days after your purchase date). Be sure to print a copy or take a screen shot of any lower price that you find to submit to your credit card issuer as proof of the lower price.

Check with your specific card issuer to see if you have this FREE benefit on your card (MasterCard, Discover, Visa, etc.) and you might be pleasantly surprised. Many people have this credit card feature and don't even know they have it sitting in their wallet. It is sometimes referred to as "Price Protection" or "Price Rewind." YMMV

trp2525

The first link is showing out of stock, but this second one is taking orders. Basically the same deal. $490 and free shipping:

https://www.amazon.com/Whistler-TRX...&qid=1482433410&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=trx-2

Actually I just checked and the Amazon seller GizmosForLife that I referenced in my original post is still showing the TRX-2 as being in stock. I just added it to my cart and was able to proceed to checkout. It said in my cart "In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days." I didn't actually buy it but was just testing to see if it showed as being in stock during checkout.

The only thing that has changed is the price which has changed very slightly from $484.72 in my original post to $485.58 currently (an increase of 86 cents). The prices fluctuate constantly so if you want one at this price don't hesitate to pull the trigger!

allend

Premium Subscriber
Also, Amazon is showing new TRX-2 for 345.00. Stay away from those buys. People are hacking away at Amazon accounts and you would order the radio and it would never ship. Amazon would cancel your order.

So don't waste your time. I have called Amazon several times about these issues and they don't care and won't honor that price.

But they keep allowing people to hack away at other people's account.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I'm going to be pulling the trigger on the TRX-1 after the holidays, hoping for that post Christmas sale, and will probably be going with Jeff at the Ham Station, mainly because of reputation for good customer service and follow up, I used to buy quite a bit from Amazon, but in the last 7-10 years or so they have let some unscrupulous sellers invade their site and ruin their good name. You have to be careful now. Scammers abound and Chinese counterfeiters are so common. I got ripped once and now I thoroughly investigate sellers if I am not familiar with them. Etsy and Pinterest come up a lot in my searches and I have yet to do business with anyone there, any feedback on them would be appreciated. I like buying with PayPal, as my purchases are guaranteed and they pay any shipping on returned items. A TRX-1 came up in my search 2 weeks ago on Etsy for 399.99, but I figured that was way to good to be true. Listed as NIB, box opened tho. Who knows. If any reputable scanner sales site beats Jeff's price, I may be swayed. Ya never know...

trp2525

I'm going to be pulling the trigger on the TRX-1 after the holidays, hoping for that post Christmas sale, and will probably be going with Jeff at the Ham Station...If any reputable scanner sales site beats Jeff's price, I may be swayed. Ya never know...

FYI the best price that I have personally seen for the TRX-1 from a reputable/legitimate dealer was from Walmart at $450 with FREE shipping included. Keep your eye there for a possible return of that deal and also on Amazon for one of those scanner lightning deals that they have occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.