Whistler Update on TRX100 & 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
DJ11DLN - I don't think its a Stretch for Whistler to Develop their OWN Location based GPS, they Already have Dashcam and Radar Detectors with GPS Location database, so I don't think Whistler needs to pay Anyone.
Also, Whistler can go the ICOM Route and just have a GPS Scan mode with known Towers and GPS Locations and a Ability to Scan and Detect wethin a 100 Miles of your Location.

milcom_chaser

It's a slow but sure death from that angle...but on a national scale, that is a long gradual process. Many many places still have plenty to monitor, and many agencies run at least dispatch TG's in the clear, and in a busy department where crazy stuff happens, there is still plenty to hear. Phoenix PD takes this approach.

Then there are departments like my home PD Glendale that take an even kinder approach, keeping "most" stuff in the clear including most hot calls, and only using tactical TG's when truly warranted / needed.

I know that more departments are moving into full encryption when they upgrade, but there will be public safety to monitor for quite a while on a national scale. I think we have another generation or two of scanners to come (fingers crossed).

Also it's not just the big "E". Here in Phoenix, the official reason why hot channels went encrypted is the media. They kept beating tac teams to scenes. The final straw was when they showed up to a hostage situation before SWAT was able move into position. This is per Phoenix PD. Our media contains some real winners as I'm sure most have noticed. Let's not let them off the hook.
If you take the vector of 5G millimeter wave technology, whereby 1000's of micro sites in every city flooding neighborhoods with 40Ghz RF, and that of encryption, where public safety, and their conduct can not be pre-empted, where they intersect, you will find a grand plan where large swathes of populations are going to be selectively targeted, and either put in FEMA camps, or subject to RF to create selective sickness via "beam forming". A master race of people will slowly emerge...

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Are you really that obteuse? If you are going to use the open standard DMR in a two way radio, you must license the IP through ETSI. If you build a radio capable of using that license to operate on MotoTRBO, without Motorola's permission, you are committing a patent violation. That is how Motorola went after Hytera, it had nothing to do with the basic DMR standard. As fr as building a scanner capable of decoding DMR, as pointed out by UPman, ethically, you should also be licensing the IP through ETSI as well as through the various patent holders for other versions, but we know that there are "experimental" products out there that do not do this.

DJ11DLN

DJ11DLN - I don't think its a Stretch for Whistler to Develop their OWN Location based GPS, they Already have Dashcam and Radar Detectors with GPS Location database, so I don't think Whistler needs to pay Anyone.
Also, Whistler can go the ICOM Route and just have a GPS Scan mode with known Towers and GPS Locations and a Ability to Scan and Detect wethin a 100 Miles of your Location.
It would be an argument for the patent lawyers to hash out, and whether Whistler would want to chew that bite is something that only they know. Not that I would be opposed to them developing GPS-based scanning; quite the contrary. I just don't think it's likely anytime soon. I suspect Uniden hired some good legal folks to draw up their patent applications, that would be a sine qua non in today's business world.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Not without good lawyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.