Whistler ws-1065

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithJoseph

Still working on my amateur radio callsign.
So anyenna all the way down and the A turned off? How far is the farthest I should be able to hear? I'm out right now the country... POTOSI,tx

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
So anyenna all the way down and the A turned off? How far is the farthest I should be able to hear? I'm out right now the country... POTOSI,tx

Turn off attenuation; as Nasby said, it reduces the signal strength. Make sure that the antenna is fully extended, not "all the way down."

Push the WX button. Are you able to receive a weather station?

KeithJoseph

Still working on my amateur radio callsign.
Yes. That's no problem at all. And I'm able to hear most of the area. Except Abilene PD. Because they be provoice. But I know I'm still missing out on alot

Hans13

In another thread, you are having trouble picking up Target simplex. Perhaps attenuation is exacerbating your problem?

mmdsm28

First thing I would do is press the WX (weather) key to see if you receive any sound. This will tell you if your speaker is working or not.

If you don't get sound, the speaker is probably shot. You can then try plugging in an external speaker or earplug to see if there is sound.

I have the same problem; even called Whistler to walk me through it. They suggest I return the scanner for repair. It's over a year old and will cost 120.00. I hardly used it. Very helpful staff, but there must be another option, I hope. I can hear the weather just fine..the squelch is set correctly, volume up. Whistler helped me set up initially and it worked great then.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I have the same problem; even called Whistler to walk me through it. They suggest I return the scanner for repair. It's over a year old and will cost 120.00. I hardly used it. Very helpful staff, but there must be another option, I hope. I can hear the weather just fine..the squelch is set correctly, volume up. Whistler helped me set up initially and it worked great then.
I 'm not familiar with this whistler model but will suggest you see if you can reinstall the CPU firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.