White River National Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
So, recently I got roped in to a hike at White River National Forest, specifically Pitkin Trail #2012 (up to Pitkin Lake). Throughout virtually the entire hike I had continuous DTRS coverage. However, on the second scanner monitoring conventional stuff, I heard nothing whatsoever on the White River NF frequencies, including driving there and back. Notably, for a while I was getting the Lake Hill DTRS site. According to the RR database, White River NF has a repeater on Lake Hill.

After hearing nothing for a quite while on the frequencies listed in RR, I ran a continual band-search over the Federal VHF range for quite some time, and still got nothing. Has anyone heard traffic recently on White River NF channels? Do the rangers use radios to log in/out of service with dispatch? Perhaps they don't use radios much.

Also, anyone know if they are still using 170.525 and 169.925 as the primary frequencies?

ecps92

Many of the Forests have been slowly moving to the new NTIA channel plan, which for some Forests does invole moving Frequencies and/or swapping input/output frequencies.

Keep searching 166-174 Mhz
So, recently I got roped in to a hike at White River National Forest, specifically Pitkin Trail #2012 (up to Pitkin Lake). Throughout virtually the entire hike I had continuous DTRS coverage. However, on the second scanner monitoring conventional stuff, I heard nothing whatsoever on the White River NF frequencies, including driving there and back. Notably, for a while I was getting the Lake Hill DTRS site. According to the RR database, White River NF has a repeater on Lake Hill.

After hearing nothing for a quite while on the frequencies listed in RR, I ran a continual band-search over the Federal VHF range for quite some time, and still got nothing. Has anyone heard traffic recently on White River NF channels? Do the rangers use radios to log in/out of service with dispatch? Perhaps they don't use radios much.

Also, anyone know if they are still using 170.525 and 169.925 as the primary frequencies?

n0nhj

In way too deep...
Feed Provider
Still on 169.925 & 170.525

Yes they are still on those output frequencies.

Usually pretty quiet unless there is fire activity. If you listen at 10 AM and 4 PM you'll hear them airing the fire weather forecasts and info. Otherwise it's the occasional check in, but overall not a lot of traffic.

Other one for the Summit/Eagle/Pitkin/Garfield areas is the BLM on 169.775. Also very quiet other than when there is fire activity.

Chuck
Glenwood Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.