Whither Richmond/San Pablo Trunked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
trooperdude said:
This post disputes the latter:
It's still "trunking" in FS mode and will track fine with a scanner (versus the opposite with Moto). I'm not sure what you're saying otherwise. I know you can't be disputing that it wouldn't go off the air. :p

linuxwrangler

trooperdude said:
The local Citizens, or the local CROOKS ??

Actually, as it now appears, the PD purchasing agent.

According to updated reports they are having some issues with windows shattering on some recently purchased vehicles - especially when there is too much local heat from inside-mounted light units. Search of the vehicle turned up no evidence of a bullet and area searches found no casings.

But in fairness to the officers, when your department is handling 11 shooting victims with three deceased in the last couple days alone and then you hear a POP and your window shatters, vehicle defect is probably not the first thing to spring to mind. :)

System is still scanning reasonably well with the new configuration but it sill has the beep-tails on the one frequency and some transmissions are weak or garbled. But there are plenty of transmissions related to coming in for "radio repair" and some test counts as well so I'm sure they are still tweaking the system.

phone_guy

Premium Subscriber
Still lots of beeps...Hard to follow the conversation sometimes as the beeps trail the transmission...After the beeps stop and by the time my scanner catches up, the conversation may be nearly over. Also, Reception is MUCH worse than than it used to be...Lots of weak transmissions.

linuxwrangler

Actually as of today it is working lots better for me - nearly like it did before the upgrades. I think they stopped using the screwed-up frequency for now - at least I'm not seeing any transmissions on it.

phone_guy

Premium Subscriber
I'm still having problems with it. As of 0845 this morning, my scanner wont follow the trunk at all. It just hangs on the Control channel, 858.7125. Oh well...Guess I'll just listen CCSO and CHP for the next few days while they chase down the bugs.

phone_guy

Premium Subscriber
I'm on the Richmond/El Cerrito border...On the hill. It's still haning on the control channel when I try to scan...When I manually scroll through the freq's, I can hear transmissions loud and clear so something is out-a-wack. Not sure what.....

phone_guy

Premium Subscriber
So, I locked out 858.7125 and it starts to trunk. So far its following all conversations...Got my fingers crossed!

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Sounds like the extra freqs you entered aren't set to the correct trunk mode that the bank itself is set to... You have to tell the scanner whether those three new frequencies are trunked or not (and if its a radioshack/GRE model then which mode of trunking). If it hangs on the control channel, then you haven't done that correctly and you're still scanning the system in conventional (not trunked).

phone_guy

Premium Subscriber
Nope, its set up correctly...All freqs are set for EDACS. Its tracking the trunk, no doubt about it......

phone_guy

Premium Subscriber
So, yesterday evening, I head down to the Richmond marina (Marina Bay), which is on the other end of town from my house...I decided to bring the scanner with me. I flipped on the scanner when I got to my boat AND...Its not following the trunk! I unlock 858.7125 and bingo...It trunks!

Back to the house an hour later and guess what...858.7125 hangs and the radio wont scan/trunk until I lock-out 858.7125 and then it trunks fine. WTH!!!!!!!!??????? :confused: Its not just in my house, I took the scanner outside and walked down the street with the same results.

Strange....................

TenOne

Thanks RR!

I’m in north Albany near the high school almost in the shadow of Albany Hill. I was having the same problem scanning West County (RPD, ECPD, SPPD, PPD & FIRE) starting around the time last week when the news media announced Richmond PD completed its move from downtown to the marina and around the time when the patrol car’s window shattered. I thought my scanner was malfunctioning and was ready to ship it off for service/repair because I’m a technical dunce when it comes to my scanner. I then checked out the Radio Reference website forums for the very first time, a fantastic website and a valuable resource by the way, and I reprogrammed my scanner using the frequencies provided by inigo88. I’m now getting both sides of police/fire broadcast in the West County region loud and clear. Thank you very much and here are the frequencies currently working for me at the present time. Any changes, please keep us posted:

1-866.1000
2-866.7500
3-867.1000
4-867.6250
5-868.6125
6-867.8750
7-858.7125
8-860.7125

Once again, thanks Radio Reference for saving me a lot of time and money by keeping me informed and helping me learn more about the operation of my scanner.

honorath

Thanks guys!

I live in Pinole and bought my first scanner (PRO-96) last weekend. It has been fun to use in Alameda and San Mateo counties (I have a long commute) but I have been pulling out my hair trying to figure out why I could not tune into the trunked channels at home. I will try the new frequency list tonight. Hope that works.

Any other recommended frequencies in Contra Costa?

heyjoojoo

linuxwrangler said:
Anyone getting traffic on Richmond/San Pablo trunked system? To avoid my prior rookie mistake, I've double-checked that every group is enabled, nothing is locked-out and am even in ID search mode to try and catch anything.

It's extremely unusual to go over an hour with no traffic at all - especially since Richmond has had 11 shootings and 3 murders since yesterday resulting in SWAT patrols through the city.

Yeah, they apparently made the change to their systems just before I heard a Pinole officer give an "11-99" call. It was frustrating trying to chase down the active frequency during this rather intense police detail. I kept hitting the scan button to move to the next frequency in order to try and hear the entire the communication dialog. It was very crazy. Everything eventually turned out okay; officer was fine. Fortunately, I knew one of the dispatchers in Pinole and he contacted me afterwards.

linuxwrangler

heyjoojoo said:
Yeah, they apparently made the change to their systems just before I heard a Pinole officer give an "11-99" call.

Yeah, heard that one. Bunch of officers from county and neighboring jurisdictions were there. The Richmond dispatcher finally reached a sergeant and told him that some officers had headed OCL to Pinole for an 11-99 and "is that approved?". I think the reply was a fairly emphatic, "Um, YES!"

Consider that they changed the system mid-day on the 12th. I had the initial crack at the new frequency list and a partial LCN list posted that evening and inigo88 had everything else figured out, confirmed and posted by shortly past midnight. I and others confirmed inigo88's findings and the database was updated on Tuesday. So for forum readers, the data was available within 12 hours of the change and database readers had it in less than a week. Go radioreference!

Funny thing was that some local officers were *asking me* for the new settings for them and their friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.