Whither The Jacob Javits Convention Center?

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Hi All,

I used to be able to listen to the Javits Center when I lived in NYC whenever I worked there, with my Uniden BC396T, but I have been out of NYC since 2012. I still visit the City at least twice a year, but I am never in that neighborhood. Out of curiosity, while programming my new Uniden SDS-100, I tried looking for the Javits in virtually every trunked system in NY State I could find (figuring it's a state facility) and then in every NYC trunked system in RadioRef I could find and, bupkus. I have the frequencies from the FCC DB, but since I don't live in the City, I won't have a chance to sit there for a long time and try to tune them in.

Does anyone reading this live close to the Javits Center? If so, are you able/willing to sit on their trunked system and try and monitor it for the rest of us? Here is the FCC DB page with the frequencies and emission types:

ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked License - WNLE855 - New York Convention Center Operating Corp

If no one is interested, I understand, it's not exactly exciting listening compared to NYPD and FDNY, but I am a scanner head going back to the 1970s and I will listen to absolutely anything! Plus, for me, the hunt is often more exciting than the listening. If I had lots of dough, I would rent a room in a nearby hotel and just spend a week monitoring it myself! Happy New Year to one and all.