Who knows about T-hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalRepoDude

im lookin to set up my truck a little better then it is for T-hunting anyone here any good tips like where to mount the antana to have a good match lenght of the coax and all that good stuff

k9rzz

Assuming you don't want to drill a huge hole through your roof for the mast, I've seen some nice window mounts with suction cups that held a nice 2 meter quad used in Transmitter Hunting.

Tough sport. I heard about one transmitter hidden in a parked car complete with a couple making out in the front seat. Took a lot of confidence to knock on the window and ask " Is this where the transmitter is hidden???" LOL

n0nhp

Most of our t-hunts are 2M so I use a close spaced 4 element yagi modified for center mount, an old rake handle for a mast, a couple of sections of PVC pipe, a chunk of plumbers strap and an eye bolt to swing the boom. I think I have about $5.00 in the antenna system (the antenna was reclaimed from a scrap heap). The attenuator is another story however...... T-hunting is best done with a team (at least two) it tends to keep the driver out of ditches and obeying things like stop signs.
It might be best if you mentioned what type of antenna you are planning to use and what frequencies.

Bruce

n0nhp

As with any recreation activity, the name will vary with different groups. When someone mentions fox hunting I think about horses, dogs and a scared wild beast. I have hunted transmitters for years and don't think I have even worried a wild or domesticated beast.

Bruce

SoCalRepoDude

ok so

well here is my issue i know a lot of people know this as fox hunting well we call it T-hunting or whatever. anyways my set up is a 4' firestix with dead whips for a wall im running a cobra 29 nightwatch ltd sometimes i get a good direction and read and tag all night then another night it seems like someone cut my coax or mess with my ground and i cant figure out what and how to fix it try to run just a 102" stainless whip on the rear driver side of my pick up but that wasnt that good either i ran ground wires from the engine block to the pick up bed helped a little but not enough! so im seeking some help im sure there is more of you that knows more then i do!!! please help

Status
Not open for further replies.