Who patrols the Route 1 Superhighway in Bucks Co. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I ask this because the other morning the local media outlets were zoomed in on a penndot camera showing a MVC on Route 1 near the PA turnpike. I thought I would see PSP patrol cars on scene but upon closer look they did not look anything like a PSP patrol car...this cruiser (mind you the light and camera resolution wasn't THAT great so I guess I COULD be wrong here...) was a PI with thin LED lightbar, not the domelights on a traditional PSP patrol unit. It didn't look like a Bensalem unit either because I know they're black and white. Any thoughts?

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I know I've seen Middletown Twp PD working speed details on the highway before in their jurisdiction. I believe there is also a memorial sign for a Middletown officer killed on a stretch of the road near the I-95 interchange. I think it is all local patrols through Bucks County.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
FYI: PSP is currently transitioning away from the Federal vision light bars to LED bars. Make and model are unknown to me at this time

w2xq

Mentor
In all the years I've lived and travelled in and through lower Bucks I don't ever remember seeing the PSP on US1 or US13 for that matter. The only part of I95 where I've seen PSP cars is in Bucks, between the Philadelphia city line and the Delaware River.

ctrabs74

New bars are custom PSP-only Whelen Liberty's. They're replacing the Vision's statewide.

Just for the record, I don't like them. I know there's a need to change, but still, the V-bars distinguished State Police cars from most other agencies (save for Lancaster City).

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
Just for the record, I don't like them. I know there's a need to change, but still, the V-bars distinguished State Police cars from most other agencies (save for Lancaster City).

I liked the old single bubble and two roof brake lights the PSP had years ago.

I have seen several PSP cars on I-95 in Philly with the new LED lightbar. They are much brighter than any old style lights, in fact some of the LEDs Philly uses are too bright and blind ya when you're approaching a car with them on.

pspbubble.jpg

pspled.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.