• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Who recently took 2000+ UHF XTS portables out of service

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard about an organization in Hawaii that has taken 2000+ UHF XTS 3000 and XTS 5000 portables out of service. Presumably to replace it with a digital system. I wondering if anyone knows who the organization is? I would appreciate any help you can offer.

To be honest I don't know what they're doing. Maybe they are switching to the 800 Mhz Digital
This is UHF stuff and all I know is that it's out there. But I don't know who has it. It almost has to be a government entity

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Sounds like a typical Motorola sales job. Take digital radios out of service when you sale the customer a new digital system.

I know of a federal government systems that is 8 years old, Astro SmartNet. In migrating to full Project 25, Motorola is making them get rid of the Project 25 Quantar repeaters (yes, I know that the CC is still 3600 baud) so that they can replace the system with a Project 25 system using 9600 baud control channels. Not a bad deal for Motorola. They are using the same antenna system, just replacing 10 repeaters, adding the "switch", and getting a big fat check for $2M.

Your tax money hard at work.

I've heard about an organization in Hawaii that has taken 2000+ UHF XTS 3000 and XTS 5000 portables out of service. Presumably to replace it with a digital system. I wondering if anyone knows who the organization is? I would appreciate any help you can offer.
Hi Mike,

Any info on what frequency band these were? 400-480MHz?

The reason I ask is that here in Australia we use 400MHz for primary responder systems so the XTS5000s would be of great use to us- particularly as they couldn't be that old. Though I don't think Moto would be happy about it...

Cheers,

Richard

mm

I'd bet it is PACMERS, they have been advertising/pushing the XTS2500 Handhelds and newer EF Johnson mobiles on the web page.

Status
Not open for further replies.