Who recently took 2000+ UHF XTS portables out of service

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmauren

I've heard about an organization in Hawaii that has taken 2000+ UHF XTS 3000 and XTS 5000 portables out of service. Presumably to replace it with a digital system. I wondering if anyone knows who the organization is? I would appreciate any help you can offer.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
They're taking digital radios out of service to replace them with a digital system?

mmauren

To be honest I don't know what they're doing. Maybe they are switching to the 800 Mhz Digital
This is UHF stuff and all I know is that it's out there. But I don't know who has it. It almost has to be a government entity

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Sounds like a typical Motorola sales job. Take digital radios out of service when you sale the customer a new digital system.

I know of a federal government systems that is 8 years old, Astro SmartNet. In migrating to full Project 25, Motorola is making them get rid of the Project 25 Quantar repeaters (yes, I know that the CC is still 3600 baud) so that they can replace the system with a Project 25 system using 9600 baud control channels. Not a bad deal for Motorola. They are using the same antenna system, just replacing 10 repeaters, adding the "switch", and getting a big fat check for $2M.

Your tax money hard at work.

richardc63

I've heard about an organization in Hawaii that has taken 2000+ UHF XTS 3000 and XTS 5000 portables out of service. Presumably to replace it with a digital system. I wondering if anyone knows who the organization is? I would appreciate any help you can offer.

Hi Mike,

Any info on what frequency band these were? 400-480MHz?

The reason I ask is that here in Australia we use 400MHz for primary responder systems so the XTS5000s would be of great use to us- particularly as they couldn't be that old. Though I don't think Moto would be happy about it...

Cheers,

Richard

mm

I'd bet it is PACMERS, they have been advertising/pushing the XTS2500 Handhelds and newer EF Johnson mobiles on the web page.

Status
Not open for further replies.