Who's on 125.450?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csxcp55

Hi;
I live in the NYC metro area, and am searching the aircraft band on my Yaesu FT60r (and also on an RTL-SDR). I found activity at 125.400. My search has not come up with anything except very distant airports. The talk on this freq is definitely NYC area.

Does anyone know which airport this freq is used by?

Thanks

Frank

AirScan

Who's on 125.450? I found activity at 125.400.

125.450 - Washington Center, primarily for arrivals into EWR/LGA/TEB from the south.
125.400 - Philadelphia Approach

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
A GOOGLE search returned -

LiveATC.net lists it for - ZBW/ZNY/ZDC (JFK Area) #1 - Washington Center (Sector 19 Woodstown High).

Actual site is Millville, NJ. UHF frequency is 363.0
From official NASR:
AFF3ZDC (Washington Center) MILLVILLE RCAG 125.45 LOW/HIGH
AFF3ZDC (Washington Center) MILLVILLE RCAG 363.0 LOW/HIGH

Last edited:

KD9DJC

Airport doesn't have to be close

I have a Yaesu FT-60r also and I listen to aircraft on it going into O'Hare airport in Chicago, and I don't even live that close to Chicago. Since the airplanes have a high altitude, and VHF is line of sight, that means you will hear them from a pretty good distance away, or if in my case, the landing pattern for one of the runways comes straight over my house. So, back to the point, the frequency you are hearing activity on doesn't have to be associated with an airport close to you. Looking up landing patterns or individual airports can help a lot with figuring this out. I think Liveatc.net also has a good amount of frequency information as well as Radioreference.com

Hope this helps

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Air Talk

From what I've gathered, and I heard some mighty saucy jokes on this frequency. I believe this is an aircraft talk frequency like Channel 19 for those on the CB. I haven't had this programmed for quite some time. Here is one link I found: http://www.qsl.net/n4jri/genavn.htm

Last edited:

KD9DJC

From what I've gathered, and I heard some mighty saucy jokes on this frequency. I believe this is an aircraft talk frequency like Channel 19 for those on the CB. I haven't had this programmed for quite some time. Here is one link I found: Frequencies for General Aircraft Listening

Yeah that's another possibility. Sometimes on the UNICOM frequency for the local airport I hear them having casual conversations alongside the normal airport communications.

freqhopping

From what I've gathered, and I heard some mighty saucy jokes on this frequency. I believe this is an aircraft talk frequency like Channel 19 for those on the CB. I haven't had this programmed for quite some time. Here is one link I found: Frequencies for General Aircraft Listening

Your thinking of 123.45, not 125.45 which is the topic of this thread and not even found in your link.

Status
Not open for further replies.