• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Why can't people turn into the inside lane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTH is with people?

I almost got hit for some dumb ass with his big ol' SUV tuning into the far lane, the lane im in which is the CORRECT for me to be in, what are you to lazy to focus on the road??

You do know its illegal to turn into the far lane, right?

brandon

Database Admin
I hear ya man. I also hate it when those idiots are in the fast lane and decide they must exit crossing 4 lanes of traffic with only seconds to spare.

Shortwavewave said:
WTH is with people?

I almost got hit for some dumb ass with his big ol' SUV tuning into the far lane, the lane im in which is the CORRECT for me to be in, what are you to lazy to focus on the road??

You do know its illegal to turn into the far lane, right?
I'm willing to bet a cellphone was involved

zz0468 said:
It's "Drive Like an Idiot" Day. Didn't you get the memo?
That explains why while I was pulling out of a parking lot some guy comes up from behind me and cuts me off and then has the nerve to honk at me like its my fault I almost hit him.

People are so impatient, the guy can't let me leave the lot before exiting himself and almost gets his car smashed over it.

Probably the same reason a driver I stopped yesterday almost rear-ended a car turning left... I was sitting at the gas station and look up after hearing a horn blaring and see the car bearing down on the one turning, coming less than a foot from colliding with them... I pull them over up the road and ask what happened, and they start telling me how the other car pulled out in front of them a mile up the road, and that's why they were following too closely- "to teach them a lesson". :roll: Hopefully they learn a lesson from the couple of citations they received! :twisted:

I guess it must be everywhere. Some "I drive a BMW, so I can do what I want" idiot pulled out in front of me making me blare my horn at him!

I HATE BMW DRIVERS!!! As well as Mercedes-Benz, Lexus, Infinity, or ANY "luxury" car that the driver thinks they own the road because they drive around in a $50,xxx+ car!!! ARGH!!!!

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
lgentle said:
I guess it must be everywhere. Some "I drive a BMW, so I can do what I want" idiot pulled out in front of me making me blare my horn at him!

I HATE BMW DRIVERS!!! As well as Mercedes-Benz, Lexus, Infinity, or ANY "luxury" car that the driver thinks they own the road because they drive around in a $50,xxx+ car!!! ARGH!!!!
Even worse than the BMW driver....the dumb broad in the minivan with the "BABY ON BOARD" sign.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Shortwavewave said:
Why can't people turn into the inside lane?
1. Because most think it is perfectly legal (which it usually is NOT).
2. Because traffic cops are not citing people for this offense. Here in California they are too busy with their RADAR guns out catching speeders. A CHP officer told me they're only looking for 3 things: drunk drivers, seat belts and speeders. So people that cross all lanes or wipe out bicyclists are not even in their sight.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Hehe, this brings back memories. When I took my driving test way back when, bad enough it was in LA, that was the only mistake I made and I wasn't aware you couldn't do it at the time. I haven't done it since and it irks me to when I see it.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I can think of one intersection where people need to get into the outside lane as there are several businesses that are right there.

Seeing as the people turning there have the right of way via the left turn arrow, guess the people turning right on that street better sit there and wait their turn.

lgentle said:

These people are right up there with the rertards that drive the full-size pick ups that think that the own the road because the drive a BIG vehicle. I got behind a jerk yesterday in a Geo Tracker that was in the fast lane talking on his cell going way below the speed limit. I honked at him and went around him and then he gives me the finger. These morons have NO clue! I don't understand why police officers don't crack down on this?!

Another annoying one is at the intersections with two left turn lanes. It always seems that if you are on the outside lane that the car on the inside lane will not seem to realize you're there and try to turn into your lane. There's a few intersections around here that that happens to me nearly every time.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Piston52Heavy said:
These people are right up there with the rertards that drive the full-size pick ups that think that the own the road because the drive a BIG vehicle. I got behind a jerk yesterday in a Geo Tracker that was in the fast lane talking on his cell going way below the speed limit.

What are you driving? A clown car? :D

Piston52Heavy said:
I don't understand why police officers don't crack down on this?!
A CHP officer I spoke with a few years ago told me that they will not ticket those slow drivers cause they are actually helping to keep other drivers speed down.
He said, on the other hand, when those other drivers get around that slow driver they sometimes 'brake check' (slamming your brakes in front of the slow driver) and alway accelerate way above the speed limit in anger.

brandon said:
I hear ya man. I also hate it when those idiots are in the fast lane and decide they must exit crossing 4 lanes of traffic with only seconds to spare.
zz0468 said:
It's "Drive Like an Idiot" Day. Didn't you get the memo?
Funny, As soon as I read your posts I knew you had to live in SoCal.
What a great place this is huh?

ybbmadysu said:
A CHP officer I spoke with a few years ago told me that they will not ticket those slow drivers cause they are actually helping to keep other drivers speed down.
He said, on the other hand, when those other drivers get around that slow driver they sometimes 'brake check' (slamming your brakes in front of the slow driver) and alway accelerate way above the speed limit in anger.[/QUOTE

So, they condone people driving slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.