Why I like RadioReference Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

6079smithw

Eham is spot on how you put it, I am for people set in there ways, but do not demoralize a person who is interested in the hobby, I was one of the first to get a ticket with no code, and I was looked down on for that, and I stepped away from the hobby because of that reason. And let my ticket blow in the wind, and never renewed it.
Well said, and a damn shame.
Some of us 'Old Guys' seem to have forgotten we were all rookies at one time... remember your first day in a new school? Didn't matter if you came there with a 4.0 GPA, you were still the "New Kid" and it's difficult... remember the first student in the lunch line that said "Hey, I'm so-and-so, how ya doing?" Got a little easier after that, remember? Some of us don't, it seems. I recall being on the pre-mentioned site and reading a simple question posted by a brand-new licensee. Instead of an answer he got flack from a 2x1 Extra. I answered his question offline and hope to this day he still pursues the hobby. That was the last time I ever logged on that site.
It's all about civility as I see it, and there's plenty here on RR, along with the huge pool of knowledge and those who gladly share it.

As far as the learning curve/new format goes... The brain exercise may not help keep me from winding up in an Elderly Acres sundeck chair, blanket on lap, muttering to myself while tapioca pudding drips off my chin onto my shirt, but I suppose it can't hurt either...;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.