Why the choice of WebExtensions are stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Malicious websites can exploit browser extension APIs to execute code inside the browser and steal sensitive information such as bookmarks, browsing history, and even user cookies.

The latter, an attacker can use to hijack a user's active login sessions and access sensitive accounts, such as email inboxes, social media profiles, or work-related accounts.

Websites can steal browser data via extensions APIs | ZDNet

Why Google and then Firefox chose to adapt an asinine code for add-ons and abadon a common sense code called XUL is beyond me. But I really don't care what people gravate towards and let the masses figure it out for themselves. For me, once Firefox went stupid and copied Chrome all those years ago I went Pale Moon, and have been using Pale Moon ever since then. While it does have its draw backs since certain sites like Facebook don't play well and how some sites don't like its UA since they sniff it, it works well. I also keep a plain vanilla install of Firefox installed for those times websites don't work with Pale Moon. The absolute worst browser discrimination I've seen is with Recaptcha. In Pale Moon you have to solve no less than six puzzles. With Firefox or Chrome it's one or two max and your done. That's bunk. All about control. Just like M$ discrimination on CPUs and the push for Win 10.

I've used Firefox since Phoenix and the Mozilla suit. Prior to that it was Netscape. Now the browser as a whole has turned to something God awful.

"It's a brave new world out there. At least it better be."

poltergeisty

Banned
Last edited:

poltergeisty

Banned
I should add to that Wikipedia article, but I have done that before and then someone comes along and reverts it. Then it's up for debate and all this, and I don't have the time to mess around with this stupid crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.