Why won't a .wmv file open on my Windows mobile phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john_p_bowen

I downloaded a couple of videos on my Windows mobile 6.5 phone, when I opened the file Windows Media Player opened but it would only play the audio and not show the video, I think I need to update the codecs but I don't know how to.
Thanks for your help,
-John

P.S. I have tried to download and install TCPMP, but it will not open it says "Unexpected program failure" and will not run.

Astrak

Could be to high quality for your phone's hardware to play the video back, I can open .wmv files just fine on my WinMo 6.5 phone just not HD video.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded a couple of videos on my Windows mobile 6.5 phone, when I opened the file Windows Media Player opened but it would only play the audio and not show the video, I think I need to update the codecs but I don't know how to.
Thanks for your help,
-John

P.S. I have tried to download and install TCPMP, but it will not open it says "Unexpected program failure" and will not run.

I think you on the right path with the CODECs. The video is probably in a format that is Media Player on the phone cannot play. Try Internet Video Converter (free app) to convert it to another format. Also, get Core Player for your phone, well worth the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.