Wife's always complaining....

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9emz

She can't have this and can't have that, because I've got this....(there're several Yaesu FT-51Rs but damned if I know where they are).

Attachments

• 0405comparison.JPG
    0405comparison.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 2,704

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I've seen that someone else
smileybaby.gif

zz0468

QRT
Banned
n9emz said:
She can't have this and can't have that, because I've got this....(there're several Yaesu FT-51Rs but damned if I know where they are).

You gotta do what I do... buy her some toys when you buy them for yourself. I bought my wife a Prius a couple of years ago for Valentines day. She just bought me an Icom IC-746Pro... just because she could. :cool:

n9emz

zz0468 said:
You gotta do what I do... buy her some toys when you buy them for yourself. I bought my wife a Prius a couple of years ago for Valentines day. She just bought me an Icom IC-746Pro... just because she could. :cool:

Doesn't work with mine. Each time she says, "You need to get rid of some of that crap," I respond, "Which [insert: vehicle, piece of jewelry, antique, racing collectible, etc.] do you feel like surrendering.

I love the old woman with all my heart but she's so tight you push a lump of coal up her butt and you can pull out a diamond in about ten minutes.

k8mcn

n9emz said:
Doesn't work with mine. Each time she says, "You need to get rid of some of that crap," I respond, "Which [insert: vehicle, piece of jewelry, antique, racing collectible, etc.] do you feel like surrendering.

I love the old woman with all my heart but she's so tight you push a lump of coal up her butt and you can pull out a diamond in about ten minutes.

I told my XYL that at least when i am in the "shack" she knows where to find me---heck of a lot better than having to look in a bar for me..............

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Just show her some websites pertaining to R/C jets. Not the ducted fan models mind you, but the real honest-to-goodness JET turbine variety. Those guys will sink up to 20 THOUSAND dollars into their toy airplanes and not even flinch. Imagine how many SCANNERS you could buy with that money!

-AZ

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
All my radio equipment is in my basement office. She won't come in there as she says there is too much noise!

Like K8MCN said, at least I'm not in a bar!

n9emz

Wasn't so bad before the kids left the nest and we had the big house....I had the den with the "Danger - High Voltage" sign on the door and a lot of equipment and dummy wiring with huge, exposed knife switches on two walls....scary looking, deadbolt on the door that stayed locked whenever I wasn't in the shack. Problem back then was I had very little time to operate.

Kids left, got them educated, and we downsized to a two bedroom bungalow....the guest bedroom is our shared home office and the equipment is in her face all the time. Now I have the piece of property for antennas but no room for equipment. Some years back I agreed to her "one POS radio" rule which I'm always violating....doesn't matter that horsetrading equipment has always supported the hobby....she checks and knows what the equipment's worth.

If it weren't for the fact that I retire in a couple more years and will have a shack that's out of sight, I'd stick an office trailer or such on the backside of the property, and set up in it. But, it really won't matter what I do....maybe it'll be out of her range of vision but her mind's eye will never stop looking.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
you need to get her interested in listening. I get complaints about her not being able to hear the tv over the damn scanner but when there's a foot chase, shots fired, high speed pursuit, ect and I'm not in the room she comes running with the scanner all excited and telling me what she just heard. :)

n9emz

She listens to her Pro-2066 every weekend and when storms are on the horizon. When I'm out of the shack in the mornings, she listens to all the morning local AM broadcast band swap shops on the 940 Kenwood. In fact, she likes the Kenwood....of the hundreds of rigs I've run over the years, the 940 is the only one she's ever taken an interest in or liked. But, when the swap shops are over with, it's just another of my many POS radios.

Norma retired in 2001, so feels she has earned the privilege of farting around with all her free time; whereas, I haven't retired so it's her opinion I should keep my nose to the grindstone.

Two more years and I can tell her to pound salt.

Viper43

n9emz said:

Hmmm, lets see here, she knows what the stuff is worth and you can't find em...... have you checked her purse for the money she got selling the missing gear? Or maybe check to see if she has jewels you didn't buy her..... or maybe she stuck a nest egg in some bank around town and your missing gear is collecting interest for HER!
Just a few thoughts....

V

Highpockets

n9emz said:
She listens to her Pro-2066 every weekend and when storms are on the horizon. When I'm out of the shack in the mornings, she listens to all the morning local AM broadcast band swap shops on the 940 Kenwood. In fact, she likes the Kenwood....of the hundreds of rigs I've run over the years, the 940 is the only one she's ever taken an interest in or liked. But, when the swap shops are over with, it's just another of my many POS radios.

Norma retired in 2001, so feels she has earned the privilege of farting around with all her free time; whereas, I haven't retired so it's her opinion I should keep my nose to the grindstone.

I read the posts about your wife (better half), and to be honest with you, I think she has you right where she wants you. She may be pounding the salt, you'll be selling it until your 70, while she listens to the 940. :)

n9emz

Highpockets said:
I read the posts about your wife (better half), and to be honest with you, I think she has you right where she wants you. She may be pounding the salt, you'll be selling it until your 70, while she listens to the 940. :)

You're right....except now she has to be content with a TS-850SAT or the FT-897D, as the whim strikes me....940's gone. When the guy came to pick it up she whined, "What are you doing with my radio?" "Replacing it with a better one, my dear."

04.24.850.JPG

n9emz

shew said:
bought my wife a 26" hdtv flat screen and she bought me a gre psr-500

Bought mine a Toyota FJ Cruiser and a new set of choppers. She bought me a Steakhouse Burger at Burger King.

n9emz

She didn't complain last night or today....got the "big POS radio" off the desk.

850mobile.JPG

75mfront.JPG

75mrear.JPG

bandi.JPG

Ran it at work last night on the 3.843 MHz Possum Net....rock solid communication over a 500 mile radius. Wiring's going to be a nightmare but no need for a mobile bracket as the rig is stable just sitting on the dash.

TS-850SAT, Shark 75M whip, Bandi Mount w/Firestik Fire Ring RG-58/U coax. The 850's tuner tunes the Shark flat on all HF bands except 160 (didn't attempt).

FT-897D will go back on the desk....she can live with that.

N4RWM

n9emz said:

Sambo,
Its a good thing Norma hasn't caught onto your latest hangout yet or you would be editing what you think you would like to tell her.( Go pound salt)If she does she'll have you scattering it in the drive so she can get out in the snow.
Retire in 2 years? Not likely, if you do when will you be able to sit up all night and get paid for playing on the radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.