wiki links lost because of database upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

Apparently the new database upgrade changed whatever happens when you click on the wiki tab (what used to be the collaboration link) on a county or database entry.
I tried to find a wiki page I edited yesterday and it was gone. The wiki tab linked to a new blank wiki page. I checked a few other database pages where I knew there was a wiki article and the same thing happened.
I just wanted to point this out in case none of the admins noticed it.

nd5y

The new wiki tab leaves off the two letter state abbreviation in parentheses that the wiki pages had.
The first one I found was Fort Sill Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
I fixed it by redirecting it to the old wiki page, but I don't know if that was a good idea.

Go here Military & National Guard Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
and click the wiki link. It creates a blank page.
It used to link to Military & National Guard Palo Pinto County (TX) - The RadioReference Wiki

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I've already reported this. What has happened is that a lot of stuff the database is now referencing resulted in a botched wiki link - and the fix is a little sloppy in my not so humble opinion - we will likely have to install redirects where necessary.

Specifically what page(s) are lost? Get a list together so Bob, Ben and I can repair the damage. That goes for EVERYONE, not just ND5Y. The more examples we can throw out there, the more likely the problem can be addressed.

best regards..Mike

Last edited:

ibagli

It looks like it's affecting every agency page that's underneath a county (businesses, airports, etc.). Any wiki link on those database pages that used to end in "Random County (ST)" now just ends in "Random County."

Last edited:

bezking

I emailed Lindsay to see if this is something he can correct on the DB side or if we will have to move those affected pages....

Status
Not open for further replies.