Wildfire near Lake Elizabth, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

westli

Fire officials report about 30 structures have been destroyed east of Lake Elizabeth, near Castaic. Evacuations north of Lake Elizabeth road and east of Munz Ranch Road are being effected now. Fire officials have prohibited LASD from going onto Munz Ranch Road. As usual, there are people refusing to leave. Some horses have been released in the area.

Most info coming from ATAC 483.0875. There was some guy with an New Zealand accent on the freq saying he was a volunteer and wanting to help.

SCPD

QRT
Im in the Ventura\LA county area and currently listening to 483.087 freq and thats all i can get right now. Im going to check tomorrow morning for more freq.

westli

I'm in Simi and I'm getting LACFD Blue 12 470.4875, also. They just passed a bunch of channels they would be using for strike teams in the area, but I missed 'em.

SCPD

QRT
Ive been scanning and all i can get is dispatchers. Can you get Fire Squad(s) frequencies or possibly lancaster or palmdale fire?

westli

There was a comms tech out during the night looking for the source of a problem. Might be the possible repeater problem mentioned before.

I'm not hearing a whole lot of freqs but enough to keep track somewhat.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Also heard LACoFD B4 strike team on 154.295, and the AV units for LACoFD have switched to Blue 10 (Batt 11 and 17), while Battalions 6/22 in SCV are still on Blue 12.

The lead planes are directing the fixed wing on 167.95

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what time Fire Station 78 called on the radio overnight requesting immediate need helicopter drops on their fire station in order to save the station? I was curious so that I could search the audio archives and listen to the radio traffic.... Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.