Wildwood IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
A few days ago I programed the Wildwood IR into my 996P2 even though I'm about 40 miles away. To my surprise 4-Comm has been coming over non stop on this repeater like it is next door. Is it possible they have another IR in this area with the same frequencies as the one in Wildwood ? I can also pick-up the Buena IR from my location which is much closer but it doesn't come in as loud and clear as Wildwood.

Joseph11

Do you know which control channel frequency you're receiving from that site?

Joseph11

Very odd. 851.6125 is only licensed for use in Monmouth County. 853.1375 is part of the Troop C simulcast system, only licensed for use in the Troop C area (Burlington, Hunterdon, Monmouth, Ocean). You may have stumbled upon something new/unlicensed or temporary.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Very odd. 851.6125 is only licensed for use in Monmouth County. 853.1375 is part of the Troop C simulcast system, only licensed for use in the Troop C area (Burlington, Hunterdon, Monmouth, Ocean). You may have stumbled upon something new/unlicensed or temporary.

851.6125 is also the CC for the Wildwood IR which is how I stumbled upon it, And yes I agree this must be a new IR in this area. The only TGID that I have received on it in two days Is 4-Comm (34928).

Joseph11

Are you able to run something like Unitrunker on it to get some more information? Or tune to the CC and provide whatever your scanner displays?

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Are you able to run something like Unitrunker on it to get some more information? Or tune to the CC and provide whatever your scanner displays?

SID B106h-0047 which is the old Buena IR, And I noticed this morning I am no longer receiving any of the old Buena frequencies.

MilAirNJ

Unitrunker data

Ran 851.6125 on Unitrunker today.

Motorola B106 and coming up as site 47

Attachments

• site3.PNG
    site3.PNG
    5.3 KB · Views: 227
  • site2.PNG
    site2.PNG
    2.5 KB · Views: 228
  • site1.PNG
    site1.PNG
    3.1 KB · Views: 228

GM

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible that some of the IR sites in the 800 system are being moved around due to future expansion and coverage with the NJ ICS 700 system?

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I don't know if this is related, but radio repair has been in the troop a area all afternoon checking sites and signal levels.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
John

Have been monitoring the conversation on TG 1789 on the 700 system and they were discussing the frequency changes (including control channel) for the Vineland site that occured on 10/25/2016.

There was mention of a roaming issue and that there may be a frequency conflict between Vineland and other IR sites.

So perhaps this is exactly what is going on as you suspect.

Terry

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
John

Have been monitoring the conversation on TG 1789 on the 700 system and they were discussing the frequency changes (including control channel) for the Vineland site that occured on 10/25/2016.

There was mention of a roaming issue and that there may be a frequency conflict between Vineland and other IR sites.

So perhaps this is exactly what is going on as you suspect.

Terry

Vineland sounds about right, I know the IR is listed as Buena but when in the area of Vineland near RT 55 the signal is the strongest. Moving toward Buena it dissipates.

Status
Not open for further replies.