Will Co. P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulw0731

Whistler trx-1

Just purchased a Whistler trx-1 digital scanner. How hard is it to program manually. Wish to listen. To will county central area for the former Lincoln way dispatch. Will I need to use a computer to program it or I can I do it with out one. Thanks

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I don't have the "TRX-1 but I do have the RS106 which is in the family so to speak...Looking at the trx-1 manual by hand it is many key strokes and time consuming...I would look at "marksscanners.com for help....I don't know your location but this county P25 system is having a lot of radio problems that still need help....I live near St.Joe Hospital on the west side where one of there transmitters is located and get good coverage when it works....

AC9BX

marksscanners.com easier to read manuals can be very helpful. I don't believe he's made one for the newer models. The manual for the WS1095/1098 will be very similar.
Yeah, like Ron says that system does strange things. Listening to Starcom21 around Will County can be tough too.
Programming these radios is not at all difficult. It is however quite tedious using the front panel. The software is much more convenient.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I see (6) new FD TG's listed on Will Co P25 system , does anyone know who will be using these....TY

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Heard TG 511 on Will Co as new FD TG with a "DRILL" and calling truck "61" which I think is Frankfort or NLenox…..I would hope they join the WCo P25 system , its not perfect but its better than there VHF junk....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
It looks like "Romeoville PD" has returned to the Will Co P25 system again using TG20003....I wish them luck!!!

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Well as of today "Romeoville PD" is back on "Starcom using TG 1951, the switch goes on.....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
No joy brother there back on Will Co TG20003, they had like 5 TG's on SCom , I only hear them on the 20003 on WC....I have the Uniden 996P2 and set up each cars ID so when there called the unit # comes up....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
On the Will Co P25 system hearing simulcast on TG20101 of Lincolnway FD.....

4338ALERTING

TG20101

TG20101 is a simulcast of 151.1825mhz. This is "Fire West" for the Laraway Communications Center. Agencies include Frankfort FPD, New Lenox FPD, Manhattan FPD, Romeoville FD, East Joliet FPD and Mokena FPD. The patch was activated last night. It is still in beta testing mode so it may be intermittent.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
The dispatcher sounds very good but the mobiles are a little funny sounding but it beats that 151.1825 which actually sounds awful at times on a scanner....Will Co P25 system has had some "bad" dropouts on the PD , sure hope it goes well on the fire which is very important for safety …..

elrod

Absolutely right on that Ron. Sometimes it is so annoying that I have to turn it off.
I wish my towns FD would have went to Wescom.

Chuck

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Yup , Romeoville FD to me made a big mistake partnering with Lway fire , Romeoville FD sounds much better on there own...Im glad the PD is back on SCom much better than Will Co P25 system....

Status
Not open for further replies.