will radio shack update My Pro 197???

Status
Not open for further replies.

swells1969

Premium Subscriber
its on the radio shack web site, under the scanner product support

Last edited:

bmxpro822

Lol Idk Where Can You Find that at. I Know i Need The Cable If I Was To Do It? What If I go Up to The Store Will They Do It For Me

swells1969

Premium Subscriber
Its really no big deal to have latest filmware, it will still work ,but it is nice to be up todate . No they wont do it

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
New in version 1.9
Pressing the ATT key during scanning while on a CONV object causes the object to
be stored to EEPROM immediately. This eliminates the possibility of the ATT status
change being lost due to a Priority check.

New in version 2.1
• Fixed Marine, VHF, and UHF search frequencies

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Not Program But update.

I strongly suggest you do NOT take your scanner to radio shack for anything unless it needs to be sent for service! They can barely sell cell phones much less update radio gear.
Learning how to do this yourself is your best bet. ;)

n9zas

MK

Most of Radio Shack's stores do not have any high end scanners in stock, which means the sales personnel will have no idea of how to update your radio. The update can be done yourself. If you really need help, try to find someone locally for assistance. There is also an upcoming Irving hamfest in March. You might be able to get someone there to help too.

SCPD

QRT
Not to be negative on here..I agree 100% gewecke. It is amazing how Radio Shack stays in business. If it isn't on sale...it is TOP dollar! Seems like they hire anyone off the streets with zero knowledge of what they are selling. They are "order takers", not sales persons so they make a sale by accident.

73's

MK

RadioShack has had it tough the past 5 years. I honestly did not think they would last this long. Then again, maybe they won't last much longer. Look at what their stock has done for the past year. RSH went from 10.40 a year ago to 2.23 on closing this past Friday. I would hate to see the company go bankrupt, but can they really survive much longer?

jhays

programming a v-scanner folder into a rs pro-197

I have followed to a "T" the instructions on programming v-scanner #8 into my radio and when I hit the scan button the radio acts as though it is scanning but it is if the radio is on "mute" and of course there is not a mute button on the radio. The squelch is even silent ... no hiss/nothing. Can someone offer some advise as to what I might be doing wrong.

MK

Did you enable the scan lists after loading VS8? If the display shows only two rows of dots instead of scan list numbers, then none of the lists are enabled.

jhays

Problem programming v-scanner folder into a radio shack pro-197 scanner

Please excuse me but, I do not know what you mean "enable". What shows when i scan is the #1 that says "1" Chandler and/or "8' Denver when I close the number one channel. Although the #8 says Denver ... the radio does not make any sound ... even with the squelch fully off.

04Z1V6

To "enable" a scan list. You would press that number 1 on your key pad to "disable" the same scan list you would press 1 again, or to turn scan list 1 on press 1 to turn it off press 1 again and it will be off. If you press 6 and you see Denver that means you have the correct V-Folder loaded but have the wrong scan list turned on. You can not hear any squelch because you are on a digital system and it does not work the same as a conventional system or frequency.
The scan list for Oklahoma are as Follows.
Scan list City
16. City of Bixby
17. City of Broken Arrow
18. City of Edmonds
19. City of Norman
20. City of Oklahoma City
The way you turn them on is like this. For the number 16. push the FUNC button and then 16 on the key pad same for the others, To turn them off push the FUNC button and then 16 on the key pad.
This is how you "Enable" or "turn on" scan list 11. through 20. twenty being the number 0 on your key pad and by pushing FUNC then the number you wish to turn on. FUNC then 1 is 11, FUNC then 2 is 12, FUNC then 3 is 13. ETC,ETC. FUNC is the Function button.

Status
Not open for further replies.