• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Will This Work On Motorola CDM1250

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeepZJ

Need to make up a couple power cords from some Motorola CDM1250 radios. Will these work?
31YcJ93zDZL._SX466_.jpg

Found them in 10 gua for a pair with 12" long leads

DMR_Crazy

Watch the polarity. The one on the right will work if connected red to positive, black to negative. With the power cord, the negative is the exposed prong. In a mobile environment, if the negative hits a ground, no sparks or arcs. Reverse polarity WILL cause damage to the radio.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Watch the polarity. The one on the right will work if connected red to positive, black to negative. With the power cord, the negative is the exposed prong. In a mobile environment, if the negative hits a ground, no sparks or arcs. Reverse polarity WILL cause damage to the radio.
Which is why it makes sense to just use the right power cables and do the job correctly.

Most installs require 8 to 10 feet of wire to reach the battery. It makes even more sense to do so without splicing which is an invitation to problems down the road.

Low power (25 watt) 10' cables are readily available on Ebay and elsewhere for less than $15. High power (50 watt) a bit more. You can also find 20' cables ready to go.

JeepZJ

I will be using these for a set of repeater radios. I had not noticed that the one on the left used red for the ground. No problem, I will be adding fuse holders to the positive side and will cover the wires with shrink tubing, which will cover the color confusion.

The reason I'm not spending $30 for the ones on ebay is because I can get these delivered in 2 days for $8 and save $22. I have lots of fuse holders and wire already.

N4KVE

Just make sure the connector on the right side goes to the battery, or power supply, & the connector on the left side goes to the radio.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I will be using these for a set of repeater radios. I had not noticed that the one on the left used red for the ground. No problem, I will be adding fuse holders to the positive side and will cover the wires with shrink tubing, which will cover the color confusion.

The reason I'm not spending $30 for the ones on ebay is because I can get these delivered in 2 days for $8 and save $22. I have lots of fuse holders and wire already.

$30???? Really???? Same fast delivery, too.

$7.90 for full length with fuse and fuse holder: NEW POWER CABLE FOR MOTOROLA MOBILE HKN4137 PM400 CM200 CM300 CDM750 CDM1250 | eBay

Shorties for $5.39 each, longer than what you picked: DC Power Cord Cable For Motorola Repeater Mobile Radio CDM1250 GM300 GM3188 A228 | eBay

Hey, do what you like, you seem to know better than the rest of us who have done this professionally.

JeepZJ

$30???? Really???? Same fast delivery, too.

$7.90 for full length with fuse and fuse holder: NEW POWER CABLE FOR MOTOROLA MOBILE HKN4137 PM400 CM200 CM300 CDM750 CDM1250 | eBay

Shorties for $5.39 each, longer than what you picked: DC Power Cord Cable For Motorola Repeater Mobile Radio CDM1250 GM300 GM3188 A228 | eBay

Hey, do what you like, you seem to know better than the rest of us who have done this professionally.

In your first post you mentioned $15 cords, I need 2 so that is where $30 came from. Now those that you show in this post are more reasonable, especially the one with the fuse holder already installed. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.